How to Do a Reverse Lunge: Step-By-Step & Video
Reverse Lunge is one of my favorite alternatives to your standard lunge because it gets that booty just a little more than the standard lunge. Working the hamstrings, quads, glutes, and calves.
Reverse Lunge Modifications
Based on your Fitness Level
- Beginner: Body Weight
- Intermediate: With Dumbbells, one in each hand
- Expert: With Dumbbells, one in each hand and fitness band around your lower thighs.
Step-By-Step Instruction to Complete a Reverse Lunge:
- Stand up straight with your hands on your hips or with dumbbells in your hands hanging down at your sides.
- Take a large step backwards with your left foot.
- Lowering your hips so that your right thigh is parallel to the floor with your right knee positioned directly over your ankle and not over the forward foot or toe.
- Straighten your legs bringing the back-left foot forward.
That is Reverse Lunge. Now alternating legs, step backward with your right foot and complete the same steps on the other side. Each step backward counting as one rep/step.
LOOKING FOR OTHER LOWER BODY EXERCISES LIKE THE REVERSE LUNGE? CHECK OUT A FEW OF MY FAVORITES!
NEED SOME LOW FAT RECIPES TO REACH YOUR WEIGHT LOSS GOALS? CHECK OUT A FEW OF MY FAVORITES!
- Mango Salsa
- Blueberry Compote Banana Sundae
- Spicy Shrimp and Noodles
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Chicken and Bok Choy
- Turkey and Asparagus Pasta
- Spinach and Chicken Orzo Bake
- Sautéed Shrimp and Spinach
WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT? CHECK OUT THESE HELPFUL WEIGHT LOSS GUIDES TO GET YOU ON YOUR WAY!
View all comments