Bow Extensions are another fantastic total body workout that will get your heart rate up quickly. Working your abs, obliques, back, biceps, chest, glutes, hip flexors, legs, shoulders, and triceps! Now that is The Whole body!
Bow Extension Modifications
Based on your Fitness Level
- Beginner: Body weight
- Intermediate & Expert: Using the heaviest weight possible without compromising form.
Step-By-Step Instructions to Complete a Bow Extension:
- Hold a dumbbell in both hands above your head over your right shoulder.
- Stand with your feet a little wider than hip width apart. Point your left toe out to the side.
- In one motion, draw your elbows down toward your left knee and raise your left leg by bending your knee towards your chest.
- Reverse the movement to return to the start position.
That is one Bow Extension. Now complete these steps on the left side for the recommended number of reps. Then switch to the right side doing the same movement.
LOOKING FOR OTHER Total EXERCISES LIKE THE Bow Extension? CHECK OUT A FEW OF MY FAVORITES!
NEED SOME LOW FAT RECIPES TO REACH YOUR WEIGHT LOSS GOALS? CHECK OUT A FEW OF MY FAVORITES!
- Mango Salsa
- Blueberry Compote Banana Sundae
- Spicy Shrimp and Noodles
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Chicken and Bok Choy
- Turkey and Asparagus Pasta
- Spinach and Chicken Orzo Bake
- Sautéed Shrimp and Spinach