How to do a Woodchop: Step-by-Step & Video
Woodchops are a total body workout with an enfaces on your core. The twist as you hold the dumbbell really works those abs and oblique muscles.
Base on Fitness Level
- Beginner: Body weight
- Intermediate & Expert: Using the heaviest weight possible without compromising form
Step-By-Step Instructions to complete a Woodchop:
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and turned out slightly.
- Push your hips back until your thighs are parallel to the floor, keeping your back straight.
- Hold one dumbbell with both hands, next to the outside of your right calf, with your torso twisted slightly to the right side.
- Now twist your torso up and to the left, lifting the weight up and across your body with straight arms.
- As you twist to the left stand up and raise the dumbbell over your left shoulder with straight arms, facing the dumbbell. You should be using your core muscles to control this movement.
- Return to the starting position, reversing the twist and bringing the weight down as if chopping wood.
That is one woodchop. Complete all reps on this side, then switch and complete all reps on the other side
FORGET ABOUT COMPLICATED DIETS, START LOSING WEIGHT TODAY!
Over my years of testing and research, I have come to understand that the majority of
Real Women, Busy Women
(myself included) are looking for a few things when it comes to weight loss and nutrition, we want it to be:
Easy to Understand
Simple & Laid Out
And this is exactly what I have created! Combining the right exercises, with the right food, and nutritional education that is easily understandable. All working together to reach your goal of weight loss!
MY Program That Works Becuase It:
- Take the complications out of weight loss
- Breaks down Nutritional Education in a way that is easily understandable
- Is not restrictive of foods…YES YOU CAN HAVE CHOCOLATE, BREAD, & PASTA!