The Creamiest Most Amazing Mushroom Avocado Toast EVER!
If you are addicted to avocado toast like I am, you are going to love this Mushroom Avocado Toast. The creamy avocado combined with the soft cooked white mushrooms, and the crunch from the toast is like magic in your mouth! I seriously wanted to just keep eating this toast!
Takes less than 15 minutes to make and completely satisfies your hunger, keeping you full for hours with the healthy fats and carbs. If you are looking for a delicious pre-workout/post-workout snack you have come to the right place. This creamy mushroom avocado toast will fuel your body!
How to make this Outstanding Avocado Toast? Here are the instruction and everything you will need:
- ½’ tbsp’ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1½’ cup’ White Mushrooms,’ sliced, (about 4′ mushrooms)
- 2′ slices’ Thin Slice Whole Grain Toast
- ¼’ tsp’ Black Pepper
- ½’ tsp’ Garlic Powder
- ¼’ tsp’ Red Pepper Flake
- ½ cup Avocado, (about 100 grams)
- 1′ tbsp’ Fresh Cilantro,’ chopped’
- Heat a large saute pan to medium heat, once hot add the oil to the pan. Then add the sliced mushrooms to the pan. Toss the mushrooms in the oil, then season with pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flake. Cook for 5-7 minutes. Tossing every 2 minutes.’
- While the mushrooms are cooking put the toast in the toaster. Toast until golden brown.’
- Cut your avocado in half, scoop the avocado out and place into a small bowl. Using a fork smash the avocado until you have a consistency you like.‘ I enjoy my smashed avocado a little chunky. Then spread the smashed avocado onto the toast.’
- Once your mushrooms are cooked, arrange them on top of your avocado toast.’
- Finish with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
NOTES FOR MEAL PREP:
I wish there was a good way to meal prep this mushroom avocado toast. Unfortunately you really want to enjoy this recipe with warm mushrooms on top of cool, freshly smashed avocado, and warm freshly toasted bread.
NOTES FOR COUNTING MACROS:
Protein is one macro this dish is lacking. However, it is filled healthy fats and carbs. Making this a perfect pre or post workout snack. You will feel full and energized for hours.
- If you want to add protein you could add unflavored protein powder to your smashed avocado. I would recommend not adding more than 2-3 tablespoons or your consistency might not be as smooth and creamy. Depending on your protein powder, you could increase the protein by 5 – 8 grams per tablespoon.
- The carbohydrate can also be adjusted by the kind of bread that you choose to use. I used a thin sliced bread which only has 13 grams of crabs per slice. Switching to a regular or thicker slice of bread you could see as much as 20 – 40 grams of carbs per slice.
I also recommend sticking to a whole grain bread to pack as many nutrients as possible into this snack.
There is a significant amount of fat in this recipe, as it does use an entire small avocado.
- You could decrease the fat macro by using only half a small avocado. For every 35 grams (about 1/3 avocado) you increase or decrease the fats by 7.3 grams.
- You could also choose to make half the recipe, only making one slice of mushroom avocado toast instead of two.
When making adjustments to macros you will want to keep in mind the number of servings you are making.
Creamy Avocado Toast with Mushroom
- Large Saute Pan
- Small Bowl
- Heat a large saute pan to medium heat, once hot add the oil to the pan. Then add the sliced mushrooms to the pan. Toss the mushrooms in the oil, then season with pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flake. Cook for 5-7 minutes. tossing every 2 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking put the toast in the toaster. Toast until golden brown.
- Cut your avocado in half, scoop the avocado out and place into a small bowl. Using a fork smash the avocado until you have a consistency you like. I enjoy my smashed avocado a little chunky. Then spread the smashed avocado onto the toast.
- Once your mushrooms are cooked, arrange them on top of your avocado toast.
- Finish with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
If you love Avocado Toast you are definitely going to want to check out some of these Delicious Avocado Toast Recipes:
- Tomato Avocado Toast
- Pomegranate and Micro Greens Avocado Toast
- Classic Caprese Avocado Toast
- Sweet Apple Avocado Toast
- Spicy Egg and Avocado Toast
- Cucumber Ribbons and Avocado Toast
- Strawberry and Goat Cheese Avocado Toast
- Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast