- 20 oz Ground Lean Turkey
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 115 g Orange Bell Pepper, sliced (1 medium bell pepper)
- 30 g Red Onion, sliced (1/2 small red onion)
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Diced
- 30 g Jalapeno Pepper, diced (1 pepper)
- 50 g Kale, chopped
- 120 g Green Beans, trimmed
- 1 package Taco Skillet Sauce, Red Chili (Frontera Brand)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tbsp Garlic Powder
- Heat a large deep pan with a lid to medium heat, add 1/2 tbsp oil to the hot pan, then add the sliced onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno. Cook the onion and peppers for about 3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic to the pan and continue to cook for another 3 minutes, continuing to stir frequently. After the peppers and onions have soften a bit remove the pepper, onion, and garlic mixture from the pan and place in a small bowl to save for later.
- Now add the remaining oil and ground turkey to the pan, season with black pepper and garlic powder. Using a heavy spatula or spoon chop up the turkey in the pan, stirring around and breaking up into small pea size chunks. Cook the turkey until almost finished, about 8 minutes, until most of the pink color has turned to a whitish color.
- Then add the red chili taco sauce, and chopped kale to the pan. Stir everything together until the kale and taco sauce is evenly distributed.
- Top the turkey kale mixture withe the green beans, but do not stir the green beans into the mixture. Cover with a lid and turn the temp down a little, to medium low heat. Cook covered for 7 minutes. This is long enough for the taco seasoning to saturate the turkey, wilt the kale, and for the green beans to steam on top of the turkey.
- Remove the lid after 7 minutes and add the pepper/onion mixture back into the pan. Toss everything together and cook for another 2 minutes, just long enough to warm the peppers and onions back up.
- Serve and enjoy!
Kcals: 240 / 34g P / 12.3g C / 5.7g F
Tip: This is a great meal prep recipe. You can easily portion this out into 4 meals for lunches or dinner. Store in the fridge for up to one week.