Side Steps work that booty and are also a great way to strengthen your hip abductors.
Side Step Modification
Based on your Fitness Level
- Beginner: Use the lightest resistance fitness band around your lower thigh, just above the knee
- Intermediate: Use the medium resistance fitness band around your lower thigh, just above the knee
- Expert: Use the heaviest resistance fitness band around your lower thigh, just above the knee
Step-By-Step Instructions to Complete Side Steps:
- Place fitness band around your thighs just above your knees.
- Slightly bend your knees and bend forward at the hips about 20-degrees, this is the starting position.
- With your right footstep out to the side and plant your foot fully on the ground, then bring your right foot back to the starting position.
- Then using the right foot step backward diagonally, plant your foot completely then bring it back to your starting position.
- Then using your right footstep backwards and plant your foot completely, then bring it back to the starting position.
Those three steps are one Side Step. Do those three steps the number of recommended reps on the right side, then switch and do the same thing with your left leg.
FORGET ABOUT COMPLICATED DIETS, START LOSING WEIGHT TODAY!
I have created a 28 Day Kick-Starter Weight Loss and Nutrition Program that will make your weight loss journey Uncomplicated!
Hey! Jenn here, the creator of A Dash of Macros!
I have been exactly where you are, struggling to lose the unwanted weight. Struggling to find anything that actually works to lose the weight and keep it off. Trying to fight the aging process, while watching my metabolism slow down, my love handles and lower mid section expand.
I have tried all those fad diets and tested all of the different nutrition approaches. From Low Carb to Low Fat, Keto to Whole 30, Intermittent Fasting to Intuitive Eating, and everything in between.
If you have ever tried any of these restrictive diets before, you understand how hard they can be to follow, how restrictive they can be, and how much time and energy they take. Leaving you feeling hungry, deprived, irritable, and lacking energy. Making them impossible to stick with.
If you some how stuck to those diets and lost the weight, you eventually put that weight back on. Why? Because they are fad diets, they are not a sustainable lifestyle. They are a quick fix, but don’t withstand our busy lives.
FORTUNATELY, I HAVE CREATED ANOTHER WAY!
LOOKING FOR OTHER MORE BOOTY EXERCISES LIKE THESE KICKBACKS? CHECK OUT THESE FAVORITES:
LOOKING FOR HEALTHY MEAL PREP RECIPES? CHECK OUT A FEW OF MY FAVORITES!
- Tomato & Coconut Chicken
- Chicken Burrito Skillet
- Green Chili
- Aji Chicken and Broccoli
- Pesto Shrimp and Asparagus
- Classic Egg Salad
- Broccoli Couscous
- Cajun Sausage One Pot Meal