Hammer Curls are a variation of the bicep curl which targets your bicep as well as your forearm muscles.
Hammer Curl Modifications
Based out your Fitness Level
- Beginner,Intermediate, and Experts: All levels will want to use dumbbells, one in each hand. For each fitness level you will want to pick a weight that is challenging but allows you to finish each set.
Step-By-Step Instructions to Complete Hammer Curls:
- Stand up straight with a dumbbell in each hand, holding them alongside of you. Your palms should be facing your body. Keep your feet hip-width apart and engage your core to stabilize the body.
- Keep your biceps stationary and start bending at your elbows, lifting one dumbbell.
- Lift until the dumbbell reaches shoulder-level. Hold this briefly, then lower back to the starting position.
That is one Hammer Curls. Switch arms and follow the same steps. Continue with this movement rotating between arms.
FORGET ABOUT COMPLICATED DIETS START LOSING WEIGHT TODAY!
Hey! Jenn here, the creator of A Dash of Macros!
I have been exactly where you are, struggling to lose the unwanted weight. Struggling to find anything that actually works to lose the weight and keep it off. Trying to fight the aging process, while watching my metabolism slow down, my love handles and lower midsection expand.
I have tried all those fad diets and tested all of the different nutrition approaches. From Low Carb to Low Fat, Keto to Whole 30, Intermittent Fasting to Intuitive Eating, and everything in between.
If you have ever tried any of these restrictive diets before, you understand how hard they can be to follow, how restrictive they can be, and how much time and energy they take. Leaving you feeling hungry, deprived, irritable, and lacking energy. Making them impossible to stick with.
If you somehow stuck to those diets and lost the weight, you eventually put that weight back on. Why? Because they are fad diets, they are not sustainable lifestyles. They are a quick fix but don’t withstand our busy lives.
Want to try more Arm Exercises like the Hammer Curl? Check out a few of my favorites!
Seafood Recipes are loaded with Protein and are great for Weight Loss! Here are a few of my favorites!
- Sweet & Sour Salmon with Rice
- Swordfish and Beets
- Peruvian Ceviche
- Risotto Shrimp
- Salmon and Cranberry Salad
- Mahi with Heirloom Tomatoes
- Greek Salmon Bowl