Side Plank is a variation of the elbow plank, and like the basic elbow plank the side plank works a variety of muscles: Transversus Abdominis, Obliques Gluteus Medius, Gluteus Minimus, as well as your Hips.
Side Plank Modifications
Based on your Fitness Level
- Beginner: Body Weight
- Intermediate: Using a dumbbell raise your top arm not on the ground straight up above your shoulder and hold for the duration of the plank.
- Expert: Add the dumbbell and also raise your outer leg about 8 inches holding both your arm and leg up for the duration of the plank.
Step-By-Step Instructions to Complete A Side Plank:
- Start on your side with your feet together and one forearm directly below your shoulder, facing forward.
- Contract your core and raise your hips until your body is in a straight line from head to feet.
- Hold the position without letting your hips drop for the allotted time for each set.
Hold Side Plank for Time.
Over my years of testing and research I have come to understand that the majority of
Real Women, Busy Women
(myself included) are looking for a few things when it comes to weight loss and nutrition, we want it to be:
Easy to Understand
Simple & Laid Out For Us
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE CREATED!
A PROGRAM THAT WORKS BECUASE IT:
- Take the complications out of weight loss
- Breaks down Nutritional Education in a way that is easily understandable
- Is not restrictive of foods…YES YOU CAN HAVE CHOCOLATE, BREAD, & PASTA!
- Provides step-by-step instructions and videos for every workout
- Allows you to customize the meal plans to your specific body and goal
- Has over 30 Healthy and Delicious Recipes you are going to be EXCITED to eat!
- Allows access to me, during the entire program and beyond to ask any questions that you might have along the way
- Teaches you how to create a healthy lifestyle for yourself that will allow you to maintain your weight loss over time, and continue to build on that success!
FORGET ABOUT COMPLICATED DIETS & START LOSING WEIGHT TODAY!
LOOKING FOR MORE CORE EXERCISES LIKE THE SIDE PLANK? CHECK OUT A FEW OF MY FAVORITES!
HAVE YOU TRIED HEALTHY FREEZER FRIENDLY RECIPES? THEY MAKE LIFE SO MUCH EASIER WHEN THERE IS JUST TOO MUCH GOING ON!
- Cast Iron Focaccia Bread
- Chicken & Chickpea Soup
- Creamy Pasta with Chicken and Peas
- Keto Mexican Taco Skillet
- White Chicken Chili
- Turkey and Kale Stuffed Peppers
- Chicken & Black Bean Soup
- Easy Sloppy Joes