Dumbbell Curls are a simple exercise that focuses on the bicep muscles.
Dumbbell Curl Modifications
Based on your Fitness Level
- Beginner, Intermediate, & Expert: All levels will want to use dumbbells, one in each hand. For each fitness level you will want to pick a weight that is challenging but allows you to finish each set.
Step-By-Step Instructions to Complete a Dumbbell Curl:
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and stand with your feet as wide apart as your hips.
- Let your arms hang down at your side with your palms forward.
- Focus on your core, pulling your abdominals in, stand tall, and keep your knees slightly bent. Curl your right arm upward until it is in front of your shoulders.
- Slowly lower the dumbbell back down. Then complete these same steps with your left arm.
That is one rep. Complete the number of recommended reps, alternating from side to side.
LOOKING FOR OTHER Arm Exercises LIKE THE Dumbbell Curl? CHECK OUT A FEW OF MY FAVORITES!
NEED SOME LOW FAT RECIPES TO REACH YOUR WEIGHT LOSS GOALS? CHECK OUT A FEW OF MY FAVORITES!
- Mango Salsa
- Blueberry Compote Banana Sundae
- Spicy Shrimp and Noodles
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Chicken and Bok Choy
- Turkey and Asparagus Pasta
- Spinach and Chicken Orzo Bake
- Sautéed Shrimp and Spinach