- 900 g Butternut Squash, cubed (1 medium squash)
- 1/2 g Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp Reduced Sodium Chicken Stock Base
- 1 1/2 cups Hot Water
- 24 oz Shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 20 shrimp)
- 1/2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Chili Spice
- Pre-Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil.
- Peel squash, cut in half and remove all seeds. Then cut into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Place cubed squash into a large bowl, drizzle with oil, season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss until evenly seasoned and coated.
- Spread seasoned butternut squash onto baking sheet into an even layer. Add whole garlic cloves to the pan with the squash.
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes, until fork tender and lightly golden brown.
- While squash is baking, season shrimp with chili powder.
- With 10 minutes remaining on the squash, heat a large saute pan to medium heat. Once hot, add oil to the pan.
- Then add the shrimp to the saute pan, arranging in a single layer. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until shrimp is no longer translucent and a light pink color. After shrimp is cooked remove from heat and set aside while you finish the butternut puree.
- Once butternut is fully cooked, transfer the hot squash to a blender or food processor. Add chicken stock base and hot water, then blend for 1 minute or until you have a smooth thick and creamy consistency.
- Pour butternut squash onto serving plates.
- Top butternut puree with cooked shrimp.
- Serve on its own or with a small arugula salad.
Kcals: 264 / 26g P / 33g C / 5 g F