Yogurt is not only a great way to start the day but it is always a great ingredient for your mid day snacks. This plum granola yogurt parfait will hit the spot when you need that mid day treat. A simple recipe for those who enjoy meal prepping. Also, easy to adjust protein, carbs, and fats to meet your macro requirements.
Plum Granola Yogurt Parfait
- Scoop your yogurt into a serving dish
- Then top with your honey almond flax, or any granola of your choice
- Add your diced plum on top of the granola
- Finish by sprinkling with your pumpkin seeds
Are you meal prepping? Do you count your macros or calories? Check out my notes below on how you can incorporate this Plum Granola Yogurt Parfait into your meal prep. Also easily adjust protein, carbs, and fats to meet your macro requirements.
NOTES FOR MEAL PREP:
This is a wonderful recipe for meal prepping. You can store the individual servings in the fridge for up to 5 days. But you will want to keep the yogurt and plum separate from the granola and seeds to prevent them from getting soggy. Scoop the yogurt and your sliced plums into your serving containers portioned out and store those in the fridge. Then place your granola and seeds in plastic zip lock bags in your pantry, also pre-portioned out. Then when it is time to enjoy, simply pour the seeds and granola over top of your yogurt and diced plums.
NOTES FOR COUNTING MACROS:
- The protein can be adjusted based on the amount of yogurt used. With each ounce of yogurt you can increase the protein by 3 grams. With this plum granola recipe you can choose to have as little or as much yogurt as you would like.
- The carbohydrate can be adjusted based on the amount of granola you use. For every 10 grams of honey almond flax you increase or decrease your carbs by 6.6 grams.
- The fats can be increased by choosing another yogurt, one that is not fat free. For example, a 2% fat greek yogurt has 2 grams of fat per every 4 ounces. A 5% fat greek yogurt has 5 grams of fat per every 4 ounces. Which allows you to replace the non-fat greek yogurt with as little or as much fat as you want.
When making adjustments to the macros you will want to keep in mind the number of servings you are making.
Loving this parfait and would like a few more varieties, check out my: