Meal prepping also includes snacks. Without having snacks to munch on throughout the day it can be easy to fall to temptation when there are unhealthy snacks in the office. This yogurt chive and garlic dip is a great snack to meal prep and have available when hunger arises.
Yogurt Chive Garlic Dip
- In a bowl combine all ingredients and stir until well incorporated.
- Top with a sprinkle of diced chives.
Are you meal prepping? Do you count your macros or calories? Check out my notes on how you can incorporate this yogurt chive and garlic dip into your meal prep. In addition, easily adjust protein, carbs, and fats to meet your macro requirements.
NOTES FOR MEAL PREP:
This is a great recipe for meal prepping. You can store the individual servings in the fridge for up to 7 days. Or store it in one large serving and simply scoop out your portion and put it in some Tupperware on your way out the door. If you work from home, serve it whenever hunger hits. This is a delicious snack to eat with your favorite veggies or crackers.
You may find that after a few days the yogurt begins to separate, this is totally normal. This does not mean it has gone bad, that is just what yogurt does, give it a stir and enjoy!
NOTES FOR COUNTING MACROS:
- The protein can be adjusted based on the amount of yogurt used. With each ounce of yogurt you can increase the protein by 3 grams. With this yogurt chive and garlic recipe you can choose to have as little or as much yogurt as you would like. Although you may want to add more chives and garlic as you continue to add more yogurt.
So go ahead, double the recipe and dip your heart out!
- The carbohydrate in this recipe is extremely low, and there is nothing you can do to the recipe to make changes to that. However this is a dip, so add as many carbs as your heart desires or your macros will allow. Dip your favorite veggies or crackers. Your carbs will increase based on your choice. But also keep in mind your other macros in those crackers or veggies…you don’t want to go overboard.
- The fats in this yogurt chive and garlic dip can be increased by choosing another yogurt, one that is not fat free.
- 2% fat greek yogurt has 2 grams of fat per every 4 ounces.
- 5% fat greek yogurt has 5 grams of fat per every 4 ounces.
This allows you to replace the non-fat greek yogurt with as little or as much fat as you want.
When making adjustments to the macros you will want to keep in mind the number of servings you are making.
Looking for another dip you can enjoy as a snack? Check out my:
Or my: Beet Tzatziki Recipe