- 2 4-6 oz chicken breasts
- Pinch of pepper
- Pinch of garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mushroom, vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cups green beans, cleaned and trimmed
- 2-3 portobello mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- Pepper to taste
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with pinch of pepper and garlic salt. On medium heat in a large pan with lid available, heat oil and cook chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from the pan and let rest.
- In the same pan add shallots, heat for 1-2 minutes, then add butter and garlic . Once the butter has melted add flour and cook until flour, butter, shallots and garlic have clumped together to form a paste. Then add stock to the pan and stir scrapping the bottom on the pan, cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the flour has fully incorporated.
- Add mushrooms, green beans and chicken into the pot, bring to a simmer and cover 5-7 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until sauce has thickened slightly. Pepper to taste and serve.
Kcals 265 / 16g P / 19g C