- 325 g Red Beets (3 beets)
- 2 tbsp Sugar Free Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 25 g Goat Cheese (about 2 tbsp)
- 25 g Light Cream Cheese (about 2 tbsp)
- Dash of Pepper
- A few sprigs of Basil
- Pre-Heat over to 325 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- While oven is pre-heating, peel the beets and cut into 1/2 inch rings. Place on the baking sheet and cook for 1 hour.
- Once done cooking remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- After the beets have cooled, dice them and place in a large bowl.
- Season the diced beets with a little pepper and toss in the balsamic vinaigrette. Then place in the fridge for at least 1 hour, overnight is even better!
- While the beets are marinating in the fridge, pull the cream cheese and goat cheese out of the fridge and allow them to come to room temperature. This will help the cheeses to be a little more creamy and allow them to mix together easier. Combine goat cheese and cream cheese in a small bowl, until well combined.
- Then spoon cheese mixture into a piping bag. (If you don’t have a piping bag a zip lock bag will work just fine!)
- Plate your beets in an interesting way on the plate.
- Then cut the tip of the piping bag or the corner of the zip lock bag off. Squeeze a few small dollops of cheese onto the plate. If the cheese is a little thick you can squeeze out enough to roll little balls in your hand.
- Top with a few sprigs of fresh basil leaves.
Kcals: 66g / 3.2g P / 8.8g C / 2.1g F