- 1.5 cups Water
- 1/2 tsp Reduced Sodium Chicken Base (or 1.5 cups stock)
- 8.75 oz Raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 20 large shrimp)
- 1 1/2 Lemons
- 1 cup Peal Couscous
- 1 cup Arugula
- 40 g Red Onion, diced (1/4 medium red onion)
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flake
- Begin cooking the couscous: In a small sauce pot with a lid, bring 1.5 cups water and chicken base to a boil. (If you do not have chicken base you can use 1.5 cups chicken stock instead of base and water.)
- Once the chicken stock is boiling add 1 cup couscous to the water, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 8 minutes covered, stirring every 2 minutes. Once done remove from the heat.
- While the couscous is cooking, heat a large saute pan to medium heat. While the pan is heating up season your shrimp with pepper, garlic powered, red pepper flake, the juice from half a lemon and toss together.
- Now that you pan is warm, add the avocado oil and your shrimp to the pan. Arrange the shrimp so there is one layer covering the bottom of the pan and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes. Shrimp will begin to turn pink.
- Cut the other lemon into thirds, removing the small ends. Then place cut side down onto the pan with the shrimp. Ensure that the lemon is flat against the pan.
- After 2-3 minutes flip the shrimp over. Leave the lemons on their original side, do not flip. You want the lemon to turn slightly golden brown on one side. Continue to cook the shrimp and the lemon for 2-3 minutes, until the shrimp is done.
- Once the shrimp is done remove them from the pan and place in a bowl for later. If the lemons aren’t golden brown yet, leave them on the pan to cook a little longer, just a few minutes should do the trick.
- Once the lemons are done remove them from the pan and set aside with the shrimp.
- Add the red onion to the pan that you just cooked the shrimp and lemons in. There should be a little lemon juice on the pan, if not add a teaspoon of avocado oil to the pan for moisture. Cook the red onions on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes, stirring consistently to prevent burning. You will notice the onions pick up the flavor on the pan.
- After 2-3 minutes add the cooked couscous and arugula to the pan. Stir everything together and cook for 1 more minute.
- Plate the couscous mixture onto a large serving plate, then top with shrimp and arrange the 3 lemon wheels on the plate.
Kcals: 276g / 16.3g P / 43.2g C / 5.5g F