The What, When, And Why Of Nutritional Supplements, Helping you Better Understand!
Nutritional Supplements: What You Should Be Taking, When You Should Be Taking Them, And Why You Should Be Taking Them. All Of Your Questions Answered!
Even if you get the right amount of sleep, eat the exact right food, properly manage stress, and stay hydrated your body needs a little extra help, no matter how healthy you are!
Let’s Start With The “Way” You Need Nutritional Supplements.
Top 8 Reason Your Body Needs Help From Supplement:
- They Fill the Nutritional Gap we aren’t getting from our diets, even the best of diets have gaps. Most people fail to meet standard dietary recommendations due to poor appetite, strict dieting, and changing nutritional needs.
- Nutrient Absorption Declines with Age: The older we get the less our body has the ability to break down and absorb nutrients
- Stress: Being under a lot of stress can deplete many nutrients including calcium, magnesium, and zinc. There are also other implications of stress including digestive concerns.
- Aid in Recovery: After a workout, your body needs the exact right nutrients, in a very specific order, at the exact right time. This is almost impossible without supplements.
- Exercise Increases Nutrient Needs: As you exercise your body uses up the energy and nutrients that have been stored in your body. It is vital to replenish these essential nutrients, fuel your energy levels, and promote recovery.
- Reach your Protein requirements: Almost no one consumes the right amount of protein in their daily diets. Protein shakes and protein bars can not only help you reach your protein needs, but can be very convenient when eating an actual meal just isn’t possible.
- Prevent Expensive Health Issues: Healthcare providers are encouraging people to look for disease prevention instead of disease treatment. Taking daily supplements, getting regular exercise, and visiting your doctors are essential for preventing costly health issues.
- Food Lacks Nutrients Due to Soil Depletion: No matter what diet you follow, the food you eat isn’t as nutrient-dense as it once was.
Now, Let’s Dive Into The “What” And “When” You Need Nutritional Supplements!
First, I will dive into the top 3 supplements I highly recommend everyone take, no matter their current health or fitness routine, these are for EVERYONE! Then I will dive into the more specific supplements based on your lifestyle.
1. Vitamins: The #1 Thing I Recommend To Everyone As Part Of Your Daily Morning Routine!
Taking a multivitamin is good, but I recommend taking it one step further, with Micro Factor. Micro Factor makes getting your proper vitamins and nutrients EASY in one convenient pack. Not only do you get a high-quality multivitamin, but you will also get:
- Antioxidant to support your immune system
- Probiotic to promote a healthy gut
- CoQ10 to help your body produce more cellular energy and help improve your cardiovascular function
- Essential Fatty Acids to reduce inflammation
- Fruit & Veggies a superfood blend to prepare your immune system, promoting natural detox, and strengthening your gut
- And you will save money by not having to buy each of these supplements separately!
2. Post-Workout Fuel: If You Workout, You Are Not Doing Your Workout Justice If You Don’t Properly Fuel Your Body After That Workout!
After any strength training exercise, you have got to fuel your body immediately! You need to feed your muscles to start the recovery process, to reduce the recovery time, and to see the strength gains you are looking for. This is one of the only times that a supplement trumps whole foods. This is the best way to replenish your body’s nutrients after a workout.
Whole foods take too long to process, you need something that is going to digest fast, spike insulin levels, replenish glycogen, and move protein directly to the muscles…there is no whole food that can do that!
The combination of Phormula-1 and Ignition is exactly what your body needs post-workout and is convenient to take immediately after your workout. You want to feed your muscles within the first 30 minutes after you have completed your workout.
3. Protein: This Is The Most Important Macronutrient To Feed Your Body, And Most People Do Not Consume The Proper Amount On A Daily Basis.
Do you know how much protein you should consume daily? The average person should consume 80% – 100% of their body weight of protein in ounces each day. What does that mean? If you weigh 150 pounds, you should be eating between 120 – 150 ounces of protein every day.
This can be hard for many people for a few reasons: You’re not eating enough food. You might not be eating often enough. Or maybe you just don’t have time to consume that much protein. That’s why Protein shakes and Protein Bars come in handy. However, not all protein shakes and bars are created equal.
I have tested and researched dozens of shakes and bars over the years and 1st Phorms are by far the best! The best high-quality ingredients, cooked at the lowest temperature possible to preserve the quality of the ingredients, and they taste amazing.
You should be feeding your body protein every 2-3 hours. Shakes and Protein Bars come in handy when you need to fit in a meal but don’t have the time or the place to enjoy a meal.
The next Supplements I recommend are fantastic and can help with specific needs. I personally use each of these daily, but they are not a requirement.
4. Greens: Build A Strong Immune System And Boost Your Gut Health
You always want to make sure you have a strong immune system and a healthy digestive system. Ward of illness and digestive issues with Opti-Greens.
Opti-Greens has a diverse blend of fruits, veggies, and grasses to provide you with a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals. It also includes powerful antioxidants that help remove free radicals that can wreak havoc on your immune system. Additionally, to help make sure your food is broken down properly Opti-Greens also includes a digestive enzyme and probiotic blend to ensure you have a healthy gut!
Whether you exercise daily or simply trying to live your healthiest life, Opti-Greens gives you the nutrients to help you feel great and stay healthy all year long!
5. Collagen: Healthier Skin, Hair, & Nails. Stronger Bones & Joints. Enhanced Youthfulness!
Collagen is more than just a protein powder, it is a protein powder designed specifically to promote anti-aging and joint support. Collagen is crucial to strengthening your joints, tendons, bones, and ligaments. It also helps to improve your skin health, nail and hair strength.
I like to combine 1 scoop of unflavored collagen with 2 scoops of Opti-Greens in the morning. Another reason I like to purchase the unflavored collagen is that it makes it easy to add to just about anything and can be cooked with, without changing the flavor of the food!
Collagen is different than a protein shake as it is comprised of only protein and should not be used as a meal replacement like Level-1 listed above.
6. Pre-Workout: Need A Little Pre-Workout Boost Of Energy? Then You Have Got To Try Megawatt!
Pre-workout is not for everyone or necessary to be used everyday. Megawatt is a great tasting, athletic activity boost of energy. It is great for those days that maybe you didn’t get the best nights sleep, or when you are just feeling slow and sluggish. Drinking megawatt 20*30 minutes before your workout is going to help you push through that workout, give you the motivation to give that workout your everything…without the jittery feeling that most pre-workout drinks give.
7. How To Improve Your Sleep?
Sleep is necessary for overall health. Without the proper amount of sleep, our bodies don’t function properly, lack of concentration, the inability to recover from workouts, moodiness, and digestion problems.
To improve your sleep first try cutting out caffeine, alcohol, avoid fatty or sugary foods, and get exercise regular exercise. These things should help improve your sleep.
But, if you’re like me and have a hard time getting your mind to shut off at night, thinking about everything you need or want to do the next day then you might need an additional sleep aid. I recommend either taking Night-Tor Core 21. Night T for anyone simply looking to improve their sleep. Core 21 for those looking to improve their sleep as well as aid in workout recovery.
You May Have Noticed All Of My Recommendations Are 1st Phorm!
They are my absolute favorite nutritional supplement brand. After years of taking supplements, trying a variety of different brands, I have found that 1st Phorm not only has a great product but they truly want to help people!
Why Is 1st Phorm My Favorite:
- They use the highest quality ingredients in every single one of their product.
- They take pride in controlling every step of the process to ensure that the integrity of each ingredient remains in tack.
- Each product tastes amazing! Which is not true of many supplements I have tried. I have wasted a ton of money on products that just didn’t taste very good!
- My favorite thing about 1st Phorm is their desire to truly help people! They want to help educate you about supplements, help you reach your goals, and they want you to succeed. They also include handwritten thank you notes with every single order…who does that?
I highly recommend that you begin added these supplements to your daily routine. But of course, you should always consult a qualified health professional first to ensure it is right for you.
If You Enjoyed This Article About The What When And Why Of Nutritional Supplements Then You May Also Want To Read These:
They Fill the Nutritional Gap we aren’t getting from our diets, even the best of diets have gaps. Most people fail to meet standard dietary recommendations due to poor appetite, strict dieting, and changing nutritional needs.
Taking a multivitamin is good, but I recommend taking it one step further, with Micro Factor. Micro Factor makes getting your proper vitamins and nutrients EASY in one convenient pack.
Protein: This Is The Most Important Macronutrient To Feed Your Body, And Most People Do Not Consume The Proper Amount On A Daily Basis.