MEAL PREPPING AND LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT CONTAINERS
I personally prefer glass containers over plastic for several reasons:
- Glass containers don’t scratch, meaning you can eat your prepped meals right out of your containers and not worry about those extra dishes. Did you know that once a plastic container is scratched you should toss it out? The scratch in a plastic container can hold germs and bacteria.
- Glass is free from chemicals. Sure, you can buy BPA free plastic containers but who knows what else makes up plastic. It’s better to just go with glass and not have to worry about contaminating your food with the plastic containers.
- They are microwave, dishwasher, oven, fridge, and freezer safe. Again making life just that much easier: fewer dishes when re-heating, you can cook the initial prep right in the glass container…all of which makes clean up a breeze.
- Food re-heats more evenly in a glass container.
- With glass, food stays fresher longer. Strange tastes and smalls aren’t absorbed into your food, the way they can from plastic containers.
- Additionally, Glass containers last longer. So while they might cost a little more up front, you will save money in the long run over having to replace plastic.
HERE ARE JUST A FEW OF MY FAVORITES:
- Single compartment glass containers
- Two compartment glass containers
- Three compartment glass containers
- Glass 16 oz Mason Jars