Walking lunges are a lower body workout, focusing on glutes, quads, and hamstring, while also challenging balance and stability.
Walking Lunges Modifications
Based on Your Fitness Level
- Beginner: Body Weight
- Intermediate: Medium weight fitness band around the lower part of your thighs, just above the knee.
- Expert: Heavy dumbbells In each hand, to make It more difficult Increase the weights or combine weights with fitness bands.
Step-By-Step Instructions to Complete a Walking Lunge:
- Stand upright, feet together and take a controlled step forward with your right leg, lowering your hips towards the floor by bending both knees to 90-degree angles.
- The back knee should point toward but not touch the ground, your front knee should be directly over the ankle and not over the forward foot or toe.
- Straighten your legs bringing the back-left foot forward. That is one rep.
- Now step forward with your left leg and complete the same steps on the other side.
Each step counting as one rep. Complete for number of recommended reps.
FORGET ABOUT COMPLICATED DIETS, START LOSING WEIGHT TODAY!
I have created a 28 Day Kick-Starter Weight Loss and Nutrition Program that will make your weight loss journey Uncomplicated!
Hey! Jenn here, the creator of A Dash of Macros!
I have been exactly where you are, struggling to lose the unwanted weight. Struggling to find anything that actually works to lose the weight and keep it off. Trying to fight the aging process, while watching my metabolism slow down, my love handles and lower mid section expand.
I have tried all those fad diets and tested all of the different nutrition approaches. From Low Carb to Low Fat, Keto to Whole 30, Intermittent Fasting to Intuitive Eating, and everything in between.
If you have ever tried any of these restrictive diets before, you understand how hard they can be to follow, how restrictive they can be, and how much time and energy they take. Leaving you feeling hungry, deprived, irritable, and lacking energy. Making them impossible to stick with.
If you some how stuck to those diets and lost the weight, you eventually put that weight back on. Why? Because they are fad diets, they are not a sustainable lifestyle. They are a quick fix, but don’t withstand our busy lives.
Fortunately, I Have Created Another Way!
LOOKING FOR OTHER EXERCISES LIKE THE Walking Lunge? CHECK OUT THESE FAVORITES:
LOOKING FOR HEALTHY MEAL PREP RECIPES? CHECK OUT A FEW OF MY FAVORITES!
- Tomato & Coconut Chicken
- Chicken Burrito Skillet
- Green Chili
- Aji Chicken and Broccoli
- Pesto Shrimp and Asparagus
- Classic Egg Salad
- Broccoli Couscous
- Cajun Sausage One Pot Meal