Tricep Dips also called the chair dip, build strength in your upper body working your triceps, deltoids, pectorals, as well as your back.
Tricep Dips Modifications
Based on your Fitness Level
- Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert: This exercise will be the same for all fitness levels, body weight only. The difference might be that a beginner may have their legs bent and closer into the body and the expert might have them more extended straight out in front. Beginner might also only be able to get to a 45-degree angle where the expert should reach the 90-degree angle.
Step-By-Step Instructions to Complete Tricep Dips:
- Sit on the edge or a chair, bench or coffee table and grip the edge next to your hips. Your fingers should be pointed at your feet. Your legs are extended, and your feet should be about hip width apart, with your heels touching the ground. Look straight ahead with your chin up.
- Press into your palms to lift your body and slide forward just enough that your butt clears the edge of the table or chair.
- Lower yourself until your elbows are bent between 45 and 90-degrees.
- Slowly push yourself back up to the start position.
This is one tricep dips. Complete the number of recommended reps.
FORGET ABOUT COMPLICATED DIETS START LOSING WEIGHT TODAY!
Hey! Jenn here, the creator of A Dash of Macros!
I have been exactly where you are, struggling to lose the unwanted weight. Struggling to find anything that actually works to lose the weight and keep it off. Trying to fight the aging process, while watching my metabolism slow down, my love handles and lower mid section expand.
I have tried all those fad diets and tested all of the different nutrition approaches. From Low Carb to Low Fat, Keto to Whole 30, Intermittent Fasting to Intuitive Eating, and everything in between.
If you have ever tried any of these restrictive diets before, you understand how hard they can be to follow, how restrictive they can be, and how much time and energy they take. Leaving you feeling hungry, deprived, irritable, and lacking energy. Making them impossible to stick with.
If you some how stuck to those diets and lost the weight, you eventually put that weight back on. Why? Because they are fad diets, they are not a sustainable lifestyle. They are a quick fix, but don’t withstand our busy lives.
WANT TO TRY MORE ARM EXERCISES LIKE THE Tricep Dips? CHECK OUT A FEW OF MY FAVORITES!
SEAFOOD RECIPES ARE LOADED WITH PROTEIN AND ARE GREAT FOR WEIGHT LOSS! HERE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITES!
- Sweet & Sour Salmon with Rice
- Swordfish and Beets
- Peruvian Ceviche
- Risotto Shrimp
- Salmon and Cranberry Salad
- Mahi with Heirloom Tomatoes
- Greek Salmon Bowl