- 14 oz Large Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 630 g Compari Tomatoes, chopped (about 15 tomatoes)
- 100 g Red Onion, diced (about 1/2 a large red onion)
- 3 Garlic Cloves, diced
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 20 g Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flake
- 3/4 cup Brown Jasmine Rice
- 1/2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 3 tbsp Fresh Parsley
- Bring a small sauce pot with 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Once boiling add the jasmine rice, stir to incorporate then turn the heat to low and cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes. Leave alone for the full 20 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, cook the tomatoes and shrimp. First heat a large saute pan with lid to medium heat. Add the oil to the hot pan and immediately add the diced onions and garlic. Cook the onion and garlic in the oil for about 3 minutes, just to get the onions slight soft.
- Next add the chopped tomatoes to the onion and garlic. Cook the tomatoes on medium heat for approximately 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes to prevent burning. The tomatoes will begin to turn into a lumpy sauce. After 10 minutes add the tomato paste and red pepper flake to thicken the tomato sauce. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- At this point the rice should have cooked for 20 minutes. Remove the rice from the heat, add the butter to the rice and about 2 tbsp of the fresh parsley. Stir everything together and cover with the lid and allow the rice to finish cooking and absorb any remaining liquid.
- Now back to the tomatoes. At this point you should have a nice sauce, add your shrimp into the tomatoes, spread them out evenly into one layer over top of the tomatoes. Cover with a lid and cook for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes flip the shrimp, cover with the lid and cook for an additional 3 more minutes. After the full 6 minutes the shrimp should be fully cooked.
- Plate by first spooning the rice onto the plate. Then top with the tomato and shrimp mixture. Then sprinkle a little feta cheese over top and garnish with the remaining parsley.
Kcals: 384 / 23.5g P / 57g C / 8.2g F