- 12 oz Almonds (about 2 cups)
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1.5 tsp Granulated Sugar
- 100 g Dried Cherries (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep two baking sheets, lining both with parchment paper. One will be for baking and the other will be for seasoning.
- Place almonds in a pile in the middle of one of the baking sheets, drizzle with oil and honey. Then place the baking sheet in the oven for 3 minutes. Not need to stir just yet, the honey needs to get warm in order to cover the almonds.
- After 3 minutes remove the almonds from the oven and mix the almonds with the oil and honey, ensuring almonds are coated evenly with honey and oil. Spread the almonds out in a single layer covering the baking sheet.
- Return the almonds to the oven and cook for 14 minutes. Halfway through, pull the almonds out, stir again, then spread back out and place back in the oven to finish baking.
- While the almonds are baking combine: sugar, salt, chili powder, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl, mix well.
- After the full 14 minutes remove the almonds from the oven, transfer the almonds from the baking sheet they were cooked on to the unused baking sheet, leaving the excess liquid behind.
- Immediately sprinkle the sugar and spice mixture over top of the hot almonds and then toss the almonds together to cover in the seasoning.
- Allow almonds to cool completely then transfer to an air tight container, leaving any excess sugar and spices behind.
- Enjoy whenever you have a craving!
Kcal: 254 / 7.2g P / 19.7g C / 18.2g F