How to Do a Split Squat: Step-by-Step & Video
Split Squats are a great workout for strengthening your legs but also stretching them at the same time!
Split Squat Modifications
Based on Fitness Level
- Beginner: Body weight
- Intermediate & Expert: Using the heaviest weight possible without compromising form
Step-By-Step Instructions to Complete a Split Squat:
- Start in a split leg position, with one leg forward and one leg back. Elevate the back leg to make the workout more difficult, placing the back foot on a step or a chair.
- Dumbbell in each hand, with your arms down by your side.
- Flex your knees and lower your hips, until your back knee is just above the floor.
- Stand back up and return to the starting position.
That is one Split Squat. Complete all reps on this side, then switch and complete all reps on the other side.
FORGET ABOUT COMPLICATED DIETS, START LOSING WEIGHT TODAY!
HELPFUL NUTRITIONAL GUIDES TO LIVE A HEALTHIER LIFESTYLE:
LOOKING FOR OTHER EXERCISES LIKE THE Split Squat? CHECK OUT THESE FAVORITES.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOME HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS SNACKS? CHECK OUT A FEW OF MY FAVORITES!
View all comments