Split Squats are a great workout for strengthening your legs but also stretching them at the same time!
Split Squat Modifications
Based on Fitness Level
- Beginner: Body weight
- Intermediate & Expert: Using the heaviest weight possible without compromising form
Step-By-Step Instructions to Complete a Split Squat:
- Start in a split leg position, with one leg forward and one leg back. Elevate the back leg to make the workout more difficult, placing the back foot on a step or a chair.
- Dumbbell in each hand, with your arms down by your side.
- Flex your knees and lower your hips, until your back knee is just above the floor.
- Stand back up and return to the starting position.
That is one Split Squat. Complete all reps on this side, then switch and complete all reps on the other side.