How to Do a Side Lunge: Step-By-Step & Video
Side lunges not only work your glutes but they also work your hamstrings, quads, and inner thigh muscles.
Side Lunge Modifications
Based on your Fitness Level
- Beginner: Body Weight
- Intermediate: Dumbbells
- Expert: Dumbbells and fitness band around your lower thighs, just above your knee.
Step-By-Step Instructions to Complete a Side Lunge:
- Grab a pair of dumbbells with your palms facing each other.
- Stand tall with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms hanging down in front of you.
- Take a wide step out to the right side. As your right foot touches the ground, lower your body, pushing your hips back and bending at the knee. Keeping the left leg straight.
- Straighten your right knee and step back to the standing position.
This is one Side Lunge. Now repeat the movement on the left side, then continue to alternate from side to side completing each rep.
Over my years of testing and research I have come to understand that the majority of
Real Women, Busy Women
(myself included) are looking for a few things when it comes to weight loss and nutrition, we want it to be:
Easy to Understand
Simple & Laid Out For Us
LOOKING FOR MORE Lower BODY EXERCISES LIKE THE Side Lunge? CHECK OUT A FEW OF MY FAVORITES!
HAVE YOU TRIED HEALTHY FREEZER FRIENDLY RECIPES? THEY MAKE LIFE SO MUCH EASIER WHEN THERE IS JUST TOO MUCH GOING ON!
- Cast Iron Focaccia Bread
- Chicken & Chickpea Soup
- Creamy Pasta with Chicken and Peas
- Keto Mexican Taco Skillet
- White Chicken Chili
- Turkey and Kale Stuffed Peppers
- Chicken & Black Bean Soup
- Easy Sloppy Joes
ARE YOU TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT AND NOT HAVING ANY SUCCESS? THESE HELPFUL WEIGHT LOSS POSTS WILL HELP YOU REACH YOUR WEIGHT LOSS GOALS!
View all comments