Monthly Member Challenge!
This month we are going to focus on mental wellness...which is even more important than physical wellness.
If we spend some time focusing on our mental wellness, ensuring that we are in the proper headspace, learning how to feel our emotions, recognizing our stress, and taking time to simply jot our feelings down, it makes all other forms of wellness that much easier to achieve.
30 DAYS OF JOURNALING!!!
Some of you may already journal, which means that you already understand all of the benefits of Journaling and this month's challenge will be a breeze for you.
However, many of us haven't journaled since we were children and had our diaries stashed away, hidden from our parents or siblings.
Some might think that journaling is pointless or a waste of time, and in fact, I used to be one of those people. However, about 8 years ago I had a major personal life decision that needed to be made, and journaling is what actually helped me come to my conclusion, it's also what helped me through the tough conversations that followed that decision.
Journaling is more than an outlet for your feelings, it also has some truly incredible benefits:
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Helps to push you toward your goals
- Improves your mood and reduces symptoms of depression
- Can help to solve problems
- Improves your memory
- Betters your communication skills
- Helps you to get a better night's sleep
Goal: Over the next 30 days write in your journal every single day!
- Handwritten journal
- Digital Journal
- Voice Note Journal
I would like you to spend not less than 10 minutes a day, any time of day that is convenient for you!
Not sure what to write about?
Knowing where to begin can be hard, so here are a few recommendations:
- If you have never journaled before I highly recommend getting a journal with daily or weekly prompts. These prompts will help you focus on something specific and will help the words flow from your pen.
- Start with the positive, think of 1-3 three things that you are grateful for. These can be anything, the fact that you are a human, that you have 2 legs and feet, the gift of sight, you can go as big or as small as you want for the things that you are grateful for. Starting small will help you get started.
- Think about your day, was there something that went really well or really bad that you want to reflect on?
- Did you get a compliment from someone? Write it down, how did it make you feel?
- Is there something that has been on your mind that you just want to get off your chest?
- Maybe you have a difficult conversation that you need to have, but you are not sure exactly how to have it. Writing down your feelings and focusing on what you want to come of that conversation can be extremely beneficial.
- Bucket list topics are always a great way to get started with journaling. Writing down as many bucket list items as you can, will help you start thinking about what you need to do, to do those things. It will get the ball rolling.
- Goals are another amazing way to start journaling. Writing down your goals in life, writing down what you need to do or change to reach those goals, is also a great way to really dive deep into what you want from life.
- Is there something in your life causing you a lot of stress or anxiety? Write it down, all of the thoughts and feelings that you're having.
None of it needs to be complete thoughts or full sentences, it can just be words and emotions. And you don't have to share any of it with anyone. This is just for you!!!