Granola, a great ingredient to have on hand. Eat it alone, enjoy it with milk, pour it over yogurt, or add it to just about any dessert! Make this savory chocolate granola today, and have it ready to add to any of your favorite breakfasts, snacks, or desserts.
Savory Chocolate Granola
- Preheat oven to 250’°
- In a large bowl toss together: oats, almonds, cocoa, and sugar.
- In a small bowl whisk together: coconut oil, syrup, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the oat mixture, then stir to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Then spread the granola mixture in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 250’° for 50 minutes, then sprinkle with the salt, toss, and bake for another 10 minutes. The extra 10 minutes will allow the salt to stick to the granola, crystalize, and add that savory flavor!
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Then store in an air tight container, in a cool dry place.
Are you meal prepping? Then you are going to want to check out my notes below on how you can incorporate this savory chocolate granola into your meal prep.
NOTES FOR MEAL PREP:
This is a fantastic recipe for meal prepping. Put the granola in an airtight container and store in a cool dry place. This homemade granola can keep for up to 6 months, if not longer!
If you love chocolate as much as I do you are going to love all the different ways you can enjoy this granola.
- Enjoy it with milk
- Add it to your favorite yogurt
- Top your favorite dessert
- Eat it by the handful
- Let your imagination be your guide
NOTES FOR COUNTING MACROS:
Typically I give tips on how you can adjust my recipes to meet your macro requirements, but with baking that can be a little tricky. As a result this recipe doesn’t allow for many adjustments or it will not come together in the end. But I do hope you work this savory chocolate granola into your meal prep.
However you can adjust your macros by adjusting the portion size.
Looking for another meal prep snack? Give these:
Oat and Date Bars a try!
Do you need new meal prep containers? I prefer glass containers as they last longer, don’t scratch, they are microwave safe, dishwasher safe, you can bake right in them, and my list goes on. Check out a few of my favorites below.
- Glass single compartment containers
- Glass two compartment containers
- Glass three compartment containers
- Glass 16 oz Mason Jars
Would you like to learn more about counting macros? Click here