Salmon and Carrot One Pot Meal
- 10 oz Salmon (2 medium fillets)
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 cup Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 150 g Brussel Sprouts, trimmed and halved (about 2 cups)
- 125 g Carrots, peeled and cut in half to fit in pot (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 125 g Mini Medley Fingerling Potatoes, quartered (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, diced
- 1 tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tbsp Fresh Dill
- Preheat large deep saute pan with lid to medium heat, add a tablespoon of chicken stock and your diced garlic to the pan. Cook the garlic for about 3 minutes, this allows the garlic to begin releasing its flavor.
- After 3 minutes add another 2 tablespoons chicken stock to the pan and add the brussel sprouts. Arrange the brussel sprouts cut side down against the bottom of the pan and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes. Do not flip or stir during these 3 minutes to allow them to get a nice golden brown color.
- After 3 minutes toss the brussel sprouts and add the remaining chicken stock to the pan. bring the chicken stock to a simmer and add your carrots. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 7 minutes covered, stirring half way thru. This is just enough time to finish cooking the brussel sprouts and soften the carrots a little.
- While the carrots are cooking season your salmon with the lemon pepper.
- After the carrots and brussel sprouts have cooked for 7 minutes, push them around the sides of the pan making room in the middle of the pan for the salmon.
- Add the oil to the center of the pan, scraping away any burnt on pieces of veggies. Place the salmon skin side down in the pan. Allow the salmon to cook for 4 minutes at medium heat for the skin to get nice and crispy. If you do not have skin on your salmon, flip after 3 minutes to prevent burning.
- After 4 minutes flip your salmon over and cook for another 3 minutes. Your carrots and brussel sprouts will continue to remain around the edge of your pan. You should see your salmon change color from a bright pink to a lite pink. The shade of pink indicates its cooked temperature. A darker pink is more rate, a liter pink is more well done. A good fresh piece of salmon can be eaten raw, but please cook the salmon to your liking. For a 5 oz salmon fillet 7 minutes should cook the fish to a medium temperature.
- Once the salmon is cooked to your liking, remove it them from the pan for a moment. Now stir your veggies, distributing them around the pan once again. Then return your salmon to the pan on top of the carrots and brussel sprouts to serve.
Kcals: 513 / 36.1g P / 32.3g C / 27.1g F