How to do a Renegade Row: Step-By-Step & Video
Renegade Rows work mainly the core and back muscles, which are essential to continue to build your strength and prevent injury. It is important with this movement that you try to hold your body center and prevent hip rotation.
Renegade Row Modifications
Based on your Fitness Level
- Beginner: Body weight, potentially on your knees if in the full pushup position is too hard.
- Intermediate: With Dumbbells in your hands, and your feet wide
- Expert: With Dumbbells In your hands, and your feet together
Step-By-Step Instruction to Complete a Renegade Row:
- Position two dumbbells on the floor shoulder width apart.
- Get into a position as if you were doing a pushup (on your hands and toes, keeping your body straight and extended).
- Grab the dumbbells and use them to support your body. Pushing the dumbbell to the floor with your right hand pull your right hand towards your body in a rowing motion, pulling the dumbbell back to your shoulder.
- Then slowly return the dumbbell to the floor.
That is one Renegade Row. Now do the same movement with the other side, alternating back and forth each row counting as one rep.
Over my years of testing and research, I have come to understand that the majority of
Real Women, Busy Women
(myself included) are looking for a few things when it comes to weight loss and nutrition, we want it to be:
EASY TO UNDERSTAND
SIMPLE & LAID OUT FOR US
PROVIDES REAL RESULTS
LOOKING FOR OTHER Core Exercises LIKE THE Renegade Row? CHECK OUT A FEW OF MY FAVORITES!
IN NEED OF SO LOW CARB RECIPES TO HELP WITH WEIGHT LOSS? CHECK OUT THESE TASTY RECIPES!
- Sesame Chicken Noodle Bowl
- Mushroom and Cherry Peppers
- Blistered Tomatoes and Chicken
- Stuffed Peppers
- Easy Sloppy Joes
- Cream of Chicken and Asparagus
- Salmon Salad
- Shrimp and Avocado Salad
ARE YOU TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT? THESE NUTRITIONAL GUIDES WILL HELP YOU ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY!
View all comments