- 1 cup Red Beets (1 medium beet)
- Dash of Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Quinoa
- 20 g Protein Greens Mixture (or any mixed greens)
- 2.5 g Goat Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Peel beet with a vegetable peeler, then chop into 1/4 – 1/2 inch cubes.
- Spread beet chunks out onto the tin foil and drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil. Then season with salt and pepper.
- Toss everything together and then spread the beets out so they are not touching.
- Bake in the 400 degree oven for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through cook.
- Once the beets are cooked remove them from the pan and set aside in a small bowl.
- While the beets are cooking work on the Quinoa: First, rinse the quinoa by filling a medium bowl with 2 cups cool water. Place the Quinoa in the bowl and allow to soak for 3-4 minutes. Then drain the water out of the bowl. Next you will want to rinse the quinoa for another 30 seconds under cold water. This allows the outer shell to open.
- Now you can cook the quinoa. Heat a small sauce pan over medium heat, add 1/2 cup water and the rinsed quinoa to the sauce pan. Cover with a lid and cook on medium high for 15 minutes, until the water has soaked completely into the quinoa.
- Once the quinoa is cooked add to the bowl with the beets and mix these two ingredients together.
- Plate your greens and top with the beet and quinoa mixture. Then sprinkle with goat cheese. To do this, scrape your soft goat cheese roll with a fork gently, while holding over your beets. As you scrape small pieces of the goat cheese will crumble onto the beets.
Kcals: 228g / 9.5g P / 41.1g C / 3.3g F