- 65 g Yellow Onion, diced (1/2 a small onion)
- 3 Cloves Garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 28 oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flake
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Water
- 150 g Israeli Pearl Couscous (1 cup)
- 4 Large Eggs
- 25 g Jalapenos, sliced (1/2 medium jalapeno)
- 2 tbsp Feta, crumbled
- 1 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- Pre-heat a large deep skillet with lid to medium heat. Then add oil, diced onions, and garlic to the pan. Cook for 3 minutes stirring often to prevent burning.
- Once the onions are soft add the crushed tomatoes, sriracha, cumin, and red pepper flake to the pan.
- Bring the tomato mixture to a boil, stirring and scrapping the bottom on the pan to ensure the sauce is not burning. Cook boiling for three minutes then reduce to a simmer.
- Once you reduce to a simmer, add the couscous, chicken broth, and water to the pan. Stir everything together and cover with a lid. Cook down for about 20 minutes, until the couscous is just about cooked. Stir every few minutes.
- After 20 minutes using a large spoon create 4 wells to place the eggs in. Crack your eggs and put one in each of the wells.
- Cover with a lid and cook until the egg whites are cooked, but the yolks remain runny. This will take about 6 minutes on medium heat. But you will want to watch closely to not over cook the eggs.
- Remove from heat, garnish with fresh sliced jalapeno, crumbled feta, and chopped chives.
Kclas: 317 / 15.1g P / 46g C / 8.9g F