- 950 g Blue Raw Mussels, in Shell (1 bag)
- 3.5 oz Tomato Sauce (half a small can)
- 14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes (1 regular size can)
- 14.5 oz Stewed Tomatoes (1 regular size can)
- 25 g Shallots, diced (1 medium shallot)
- 12 g Garlic, diced (3-4 cloves)
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flake
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 8 oz Fettuccine Noodles
- Dash of Salt
- Wash mussels, scrubbing all barnacles and hairs off the exterior of the shells.
- In a large pot bring 5 cups of water to boil, season water with salt.
- While waiting for the water to boil, heat a large saute pan to medium heat, and add extra virgin olive oil.
- Add shallots and garlic to the saute pan and cook stirring for 3 minutes.
- Then add diced tomatoes and stewed tomatoes to the saute pan. Season with pepper, garlic powder, red pepper, and oregano. Cover and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta to the boiling water, cook for 8-9 minutes.
- Add mussels to the saute tomatoes, cover and cook at medium/low heat for about 8 minutes.
- Once the pasta is done, drain all water out. Put the pasta back into the pot and add the half can of tomato sauce. Season with a dash of pepper, and garlic powder.
- Serve the pasta in bowls, then top with mussel/tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped basil.
Kcals 375g / 21.7g P / 62.3g C / 5.2g F