Answering all your questions on, How to Create a Meal Plan!
I used to waste SO MUCH MONEY before I mastered meal planning.
Spending way too much at the grocery store not knowing exactly what I wanted to cook for the week. Only to end up tossing out food because I didn’t eat it in time. Have you even found food in the back of the freezer or in the bottom drawer of the fridge and been upset as you had to toss it out? Thinking, “Ughh, more money down the drain”. Or “I really wanted to eat that, how did I forget about it”. I ever found myself ordering delivery, because dinner just felt too hard, even though the fridge was fully stocked….all because I didn’t have a plan.
After finding meal planing, all of that changed!
If you are looking to save money, time, and your sanity, meal planning is going to be your BEST FRIEND! Combine it with meal prep and you can take it to an entire different level…but more on that in another post!
Meal Planning sets you up for success and can make your life easier.
I will supply you with the information and tools to allow you to create a meal plan based around your busy schedule. Help you pick from hundreds of delicious recipes, most of which are great for meal prepping…if that’s what you are into! I know I love a good meal prep. However, I also love to cook, so I have no problem cooking several days or nights per week.
Meal planning can be adjusted to fit your level of cooking knowledge, enjoyment, and time. Whether you love to meal prep, love cooking your family dinners every night, enjoy cooking but don’t have much time. Or you are not fully confident in the kitchen, then you have come to the right place. A Dash of Macros provides hundreds of delicious recipes, all of which have been created, tested, and approved by me! Every week I create new and exciting recipe, so you will never feel bored with food again!
What to expect from my recipes:
- The majority of my recipes take under 45 minutes to prepare.
- Each recipe provides step by step instructions, including additional information to help the beginners in the kitchen.
- All of my recipes include tips on best way to store left overs, or meal prepped recipes.
- 95% of my recipes can be used as meal prep recipes, meaning they are great stored and reheated later. Therefore, this isn’t just for meal prepping…this goes for reheating any leftovers….thus preventing food waste.
- Every single one of my recipes include all of the nutritional facts of the recipe.
- Additional, for those counting macros or calories: I have included tips on how you can make adjustments to the proteins, carbs, and fats in each recipe.
Top 3 Benefits of Meal Planning:
- You go to the grocery store with a plan. This prevents you from buying foods that might not get eaten. Which in turn, prevents unwanted food waste and saves you money.
- It allows you to plan around your schedule for the week, taking into account your families schedule, your work schedule, your personal life, and meals that might not be eaten at home. All of which will save you time, energy and money.
- Meal planning saves you from unwanted stress…thinking every day: What am I going to eat or feed the family tonight? What food do I have a home? Am I going to have time to cook tonight? If you count macros, the stress of wondering how you are going to hit your macro goals for the day or week? And of course the stress after eating something terribly unhealthy, only because it was the easiest thing available. Removing this stress will give you more energy, more peace of mind, and a healthier more well balanced life.
To start meal planning you only need TWO things:
- Your schedule for the week
- A variety of delicious recipes
A Dash of Macros provides you with 50% of what you need: The variety of delicious recipes, and a BONUS meal planning calendar! The tool allows you to add your schedule and then plan your meals around that schedule!
If I could help you with your busy schedule trust me, I totally would! However, what I can do is show you how to plan your food schedule around your busy schedule. While it might seem like you don’t have time to plan your meals, I can guarantee you in the end it will free up some of your time!
Are you ready to Start planning?
Click on the grey button below labeled “Save to my Collections”. This will then create your own personal weekly meal planning calendar. From there you will be able to add your schedule, recipes, adjust servings, and print your shopping list for the week!
Not ready to start planning just yet? Check out the three different life scenarios below using the meal planning tool. Who knows, maybe one of these scenarios will sound familiar to you.
- One end of the specturm: The single person or the couple with no kids, who are too busy to cook all the time. They enjoy eating out and ordering in. Work keeps them busy on their lunches a few days during the week. They care about food, their health, and enjoy coking they just don’t have much time.
- To the other end of the spectrum: The person who loves to meal prep, pays attention to the nutritional values whether that be calories and/or macros in their food, and might even count macros! This person sticks to their meal plan because they have very specific goals in mind. They meal prep almost every meal. Meal planning is perfect for any and all diets.
- And then there is the typical household: The family of 3 – 6, they are really busy with after school activities, but school and work takes care of their lunches because they just don’t have time. However, they enjoy eating dinner together as a family 3 – 5 times a week.
Click here to expand: Meal plan examples based on the described life scenarios above, as well as a shopping list example.
The couple (could also be adjust as the busy single individual). You’ll see the planner allows you to add notes about your work schedule, your personal life, and then plan for your food.
This meal planning calendar demonstrates cooking:
- 1 meal prep breakfast on Sunday to grab and go all week.
- Cooking 3 dinner meals using the leftovers as lunch 3 days.
- Tossing together 1 salad
- Enjoying 1 homemade yogurt parfait.
- For a total of 6 recipes, creating 14 meals of their 21 meals for the week, and only in the kitchen 6 times all week.
The person who loves meal prep. (Could also be adjusted to feed more than one person). You’ll see the planner allows you to add notes about your work, schedule, your personal life, and then plan for your food. Additionally for anyone counting macros or calories you can have the meal planner tool include the nutritional facts for the entire day.
This meal planning calendar demonstrates Meal Prepping almost every single meal. With a Sunday meal prep and a mid week meal prep.
- 1 Breakfast meal prep
- 2 Lunch meal preps
- 2 Snack meal preps
- 1 Fresh breakfast meal
- 2 Dinner meal preps
- For a total of 8 recipes, creating 26 of their 28 meals for the week, and only in the kitchen 3 times all week.
You will notice in this example that the calories, proteins, carbs, and fats are relatively low. This is so that those who are counting macros can make adjustments to these recipes to fit their own personal goals. And enjoy other snacks and protein shakes throughout the day.
The family, they are super busy. The planner allows you to add notes about your work, the kids, their after school activities, play dates, and then plan for your food needs.
This meal planning calendar demonstrates Meal Prepping 1 breakfast for the week, a few dinners with leftovers for later in the week, and fresh meals.
- 1 Breakfast meal preps
- 1 Lunch meal
- 2 Dinners with leftovers
- 2 Dinners with no plan for leftovers
- For a total of 6 recipes, creating 12 of their 21 meals for the week, and only in the kitchen 4 days of the week.
Example Shopping List:
Here is an example of a shopping list that can be created after you have created your meal plan. Once you click on the shopping list button you will then be able to check off the items you already have at home. This will prevent you wasting money on items you don’t need.
So go ahead, start plugging in your busy schedule and adding some delicious recipes to help you power through your week!
Click on the grey button above in the blank weekly meal planner labeled “Save to my Collections”. This will then create your own personal weekly meal planning calendar. From there you will be able to add your schedule, recipes, adjust servings, and print your shopping list for the week!
Looking for a nutritionist, someone to help you on your macro counting journey?
Kylie is a certified nutritionist and a functional diagnostic nutrition practitioner. As a practitioner, she has access to functional testing. Based on results, she recommends lifestyle changes and supplementation.
Kylie works with an active population looking to change their body composition while feeling their best in and out of the gym.
She believes in a very holistic approach, knowing that nutrition/macros is one piece of the puzzle. Each individual’s needs are unique, so each client’s plan is created just for them.
Want to learn more? Sign up for a free 30 min consultation by clicking HERE.
Interested in learning how to meal prep?
Check out Meal Prepping: How to get Started
Meal prepping can seem overwhelming, how to get started is a question many people ask. However, it can look like a lot of work, you might not know which recipes are best for meal prep, or maybe you already meal prep but find yourself eating the same recipes each week. Let A Dash of Macros help by providing exciting meal prep recipes every week. Additionally, it is great for those who enjoy macro counting or calories counting.