Leg Raises help to strengthen our hip flexors, lower abdominal, and oblique muscles. All of which will help improve our stability.
Leg Raises Modifications
Based on your Fitness Level
- Beginner: Body weight
- Intermediate: Add a lift of the hips, about 3-5 inches off the ground at the top or the leg raise
- Expert: Adding the lift of the hips at the top of the leg raise, and then holding for 3 seconds at the bottom before raising your legs again.
Step-By-Step Instructions to Complete Leg Raises:
- Lie on your back, legs straight and together.
- Keep your legs straight and lift them all the way up to the ceiling until your butt starts to come off the floor.
- Then slowly lower your legs back down until they are just above the floor, hold for a second before raising them again.
That is one rep. Complete the number of recommended reps.
FORGET ABOUT COMPLICATED DIETS, START LOSING WEIGHT TODAY!
LOOKING FOR OTHER CORE EXERCISES LIKE THE SIDE CRUNCH? CHECK OUT THESE FAVORITES:
DO YOU LOVE SNACKING AS MUCH AS I DO? IF SO YOU ARE GOING TO WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE HOMEMADE SNACKS!
- Garlic Hummus
- Cranberry Bliss Balls
- Banana Bread
- Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Vanilla Protein Balls
- Chocolate Granola
- Blueberry Protein Muffins
- Trail Mix Bars