The Truth About Healthy Fats and why Your Body Needs Them!
Fats are a type of Macro Nutrient, just like carbohydrates and protein. And like carbs and protein your body requires some healthy fat for energy, to protect your heart, absorb vitamins, and help with brain health.
However, not all fats are created equal. There are four types of fat, some good and some bad.
The Four types of Fat:
The “Good Fats” or Healthy Fats:
Monounsaturated Fats and Polyunsaturated Fats: These are known as the good fats because they improve your overall health. They help to:
- Provide heart health
- Prevent abnormal heart rhythms
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke
- Lowers triglycerides associated with heart disease & inflammation
- Lowers bad LDL, cholesterol levels
- Increases good HDL
- Reduce the risk of cancer
- Healthy fat is filling
- They take longer to digest, burning more calories
- Aids in weight loss
Before we dive into the Bad, Lets also talk about Omega-3s:
Omega-3 Fatty Acids are typically Polyunsaturated fats but are extremely beneficial to our health. Research has shown that a diet rich in Omega-3s may help to:
- Reduce symptoms of depression, ADHA, and bipolar disorder
- Protect against memory loss and dementia
- Reduces the risk of heart disease, stroke, and cancer
- Eases arthritis, joint pain, and inflammatory skin conditions
- Supports a healthy pregnancy
- Battles fatigue
- Sharpens your memory, and balances your mood
The “Bad Fats” or Unhealthy Fats:
Trans Fats and Saturated Fats: Are known as the bad fats because they:
- Typically raises bad LDL cholesterol
- Can create inflammation linked to heart disease
- May cause stroke
- Contributes to insulin resistance, increase risk of type 2 diabetes
Trans fats are worse than saturated fats and trans fats should be avoided at all costs, pay attention to the labels on your foods.
Saturated fats, while not as harmful as Trans fats can still raise bad LDL and negatively impact your heart health. It is best consumed in moderation, however there is no need to remove it from your diet completely.
List of Healthy Fats:
- Olive Oil
- Canola Oil
- Peanut Oil
- Sesame Oil
- Peanut or Other Nut Butter
- Sunflower Seeds
- Sesame Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Fish Oil
- Safflower Oil
Best Sources of Omega-3s:
- Flaxseeds and Oil
- Chia Seeds
- Canola and Soybean Oil
- Beans (refried, kidney, etc)
- Brussels Sprouts
List of Unhealthy Fats:
- Commercially baked Pastries: Cookies, Doughnuts, Muffins, Cakes, and Pizza Dough
- Packaged Snack Foods: Cracker, Microwave Popcorn, Chips
- Vegetable Shortening
- Fried Foods: French Fries, Fried Chicken, Chicken Nuggets, Breaded Fish.
- Anything Containing Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil
- Red Meat: Beef, Lamb, Pork
- Chicken Skin
- Whole Fat Dairy
- Ice Cream
- Tropical Oils: Coconut and Palm Oil
WOULD YOU LIKE HELP UNDERSTANDING HOW Healthy Fats can help you LOSE WEIGHT?
Then you should check out my 28 Day Kick-Starter Weight Loss and Nutrition Program. Where I teach you how much and what kinds of fats to eat for a balanced diet, with weight loss as the goal, and living a healthy lifestyle.
FORGET ABOUT COMPLETED DIETS START LOSING WEIGHT TODAY!
It’s time to end the confusion, cut through all of the weight loss fad diets, and stop Yo-Yo dieting. It’s time for you to lose those unwanted pounds and keep them off for good!
In the Real World, Real Women don’t have time to think about complicated diets, to spend time reading up on the latest fad diet, or have the ability to stick to restrictive diet.
Most women don’t look like the social media fitness models we see everywhere these days. Real women have too much going on in our lives to devote the hours upon hours it would take to look like any of those 20 something year olds all over social media.
Real women have lives, jobs, life obligations, hormones, slowing metabolisms, and the list goes on and on.
WHILE YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT YOU HAVE STRUGGLED TO FIND A PROGRAM THAT:
- Is easy to follow
- Removes the confusion
- Tells you exactly what to do and eat
- Makes weight loss sustainable
- Turns weight loss into an easy healthy lifestyle
- A lifestyle that is enjoyable while looking and feeling your best
IF YOU ARE A BUSY WOMEN LOOKING TO LOSE WEIGHT, THIS PROGRAM IS FOR YOU!
ADDITIONAL HELPFUL NUTRITIONAL GUIDES TO HELP YOU LIVE A HEALTHIER LIFESTYLE!
ARE YOU READY TO EAT MORE HEALTHY FATS? CHECK OUT SOME OF MY FAVORITE LOW FAT RECIPES HERE:
- Mango Salsa
- Egg White Casserole
- Spicy Shrimp and Noodles
- Coconut Thai Bowl
- Pesto Shrimp and Peas
- Sweet Potato and Dirty Rice
- Cauliflower Egg Salad
THE BEST EXERCISES FOR WEIGHT LOSS?
Good Fats/Healthy Fats: Monounsaturated Fats and Polyunsaturated Fats because they are good for your overall health. Improving heart health, cholesterol, and fights cancer.
Trans Fats which can be found in commercially baked goods, packaged snack foods, margarin, and fried foods.
• Black Beans