Berries have some amazing nutritional benefits and are considered some of the healthiest foods you can consume.
- Berries are loaded with antioxidants that help to keep free radicals under control.
- High in vitamin C
- Been shown to help improve blood sugar
- They help to fight inflammation
- Berries are high in fiber, which may help your digestive track
There are many other reasons why berries may be good for your health, but don’t forget, they also taste DELICIOUS! This is why I keep frozen berries on hand in my freezer at all times. But freezing berries isn’t as simple as just tossing them in the freezer…there are just a few more steps than that. All totally worth it, since fresh frozen berries are so much better than store bought frozen berries.
- Rinse berries, well with room temperature water.
- Pat berries dry, layout on a paper towel for 10-15 minutes to ensure they are 100% dry.
- Spread out the berries on a metal sheet pan in a single layer and place in the freezer for at least 3-4 hours.
- From this point you can place all berries into a tupperware and put back in the freezer. Berries will keep for several months.
Time to use your imagination for all the ways in which you can use these frozen berries. Or just eat them by the frozen hand full, so TASTY!