How to do Front Raises: Step-By-Step & Video
Front Raises are similar to side raises, as they are more difficult than they look and a little weight goes a long way. Front Raises work your deltoids, upper and lower trapezius, pectorals, biceps. This is a great workout to fight the bra bulge.
Front Raises Modifications
Based on your Fitness Level
- Beginner, Intermediate, & Expert: All levels will want to use dumbbells, one in each hand. For each fitness level you will want to pick a weight that is challenging but allows you to finish each set.
- Stand with feet about shoulder-width apart. Keep the back straight and feet planted flat on the floor. Your arms holding weights hanging down in front of your body.
- Palms facing back toward the thighs. Ensure that you have a firm grip.
- Brace the abdominal muscles.
- Left the weights upward, inhaling, with arms out in front and palms facing down. Keep a slight bend in the elbows to reduce the stress on the joints. Pause when the arms are approximately horizontal to the floor and feel the contraction in the shoulders.
- Return the weight to the starting position at the thighs with a slow and controlled motion while exhaling.
This is one front raise Complete the number of recommended reps.
FORGET ABOUT COMPLICATED DIETS START LOSING WEIGHT TODAY!
Hey! Jenn here, the creator of A Dash of Macros!
I have been exactly where you are, struggling to lose the unwanted weight. Struggling to find anything that actually works to lose the weight and keep it off. Trying to fight the aging process, while watching my metabolism slow down, my love handles and lower midsection expand.
I have tried all those fad diets and tested all of the different nutrition approaches. From Low Carb to Low Fat, Keto to Whole 30, Intermittent Fasting to Intuitive Eating, and everything in between.
If you have ever tried any of these restrictive diets before, you understand how hard they can be to follow, how restrictive they can be, and how much time and energy they take. Leaving you feeling hungry, deprived, irritable, and lacking energy. Making them impossible to stick with.
If you somehow stuck to those diets and lost the weight, you eventually put that weight back on. Why? Because they are fad diets, they are not sustainable lifestyles. They are a quick fix but don’t withstand our busy lives.
WANT TO TRY MORE ARM EXERCISES LIKE THE Front Raises? CHECK OUT A FEW OF MY FAVORITES!
SEAFOOD RECIPES ARE LOADED WITH PROTEIN AND ARE GREAT FOR WEIGHT LOSS! HERE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITES!
- Sweet & Sour Salmon with Rice
- Swordfish and Beets
- Peruvian Ceviche
- Risotto Shrimp
- Salmon and Cranberry Salad
- Mahi with Heirloom Tomatoes
- Greek Salmon Bowl