How to do a Floor Press: Step-By-Step & Video
Floor Presses are a great way to get a Chest and Tricep workout in when you don’t have a bench at home…we all have a floor we can lay on!
Floor Press Modifications
Based on your Fitness Level
- Beginner,Intermediate, & Expert: All levels will want to use dumbbells, one in each hand. For each fitness level you will want to pick a weight that is challenging but allows you to finish each set.
Step-By-Step Instructions to Complete a Floor Press:
- Grab dumbbells with an overhand grip and lie flat on your back.
- Bend knees with feet firmly planted on the floor.
- Extend elbows to 90-degree position, triceps resting on the floor, while holding dumbbells above your chest.
- Exhale and brace your core while simultaneously extending dumbbells towards ceiling.
- Bring your arms slowly back down to the starting position.
That is one Floor Press. Complete the number of recommended reps.
IF YOU LIKED THE Floor Press YOUR GOING TO LOVE THESE OTHER ARM EXERCISES! BELOW ARE JUST TWO OF MY FAVORITES.
LOOKING FOR DELICIOUS RECIPES TO HELP YOU ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY? CHECK OUT THESE FAVORITE SALAD RECIPES!
- Salmon and Cranberry Salad
- Chicken and Hearts of Palm
- Chicken and Grape
- Cherry Pepper and Mushroom
- Citrus Salad
- Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- Cucumber Chicken Salad
- Steak and Watermelon Salad
- Blueberry and Cucumber Chicken Salad
- Sweet Peach and Burrata Salad
IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NUTRITION AND LIVING A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE, CHECK OUT MY NUTRITIONAL GUIDES. BELOW ARE TWO DEDICATED TO WEIGHT LOSS:
View all comments