- 1/2 cup Dry Farrow
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 Eggs, mostly just the egg yolk
- 20 g Jalapenos, sliced (1 jalapeno)
- 7.5 g Scallions, sliced (1 stalk)
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1/2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1/4 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 Garlic Cloves, diced
- 25 g Avocado, sliced (1/4 avocado)
- 25 g Micro Greens (about 1/4 cup)
- Dash of Black Pepper
- Heat a medium sauce pan to medium heat, once the pan is hot add the avocado oil and farrow.
- Cook the farrow in the oil for 3-5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or so to prevent burning. We are trying to lightly toast the farro.
- After cooking the farro in the oil add 1 cup chicken stock, and cook the farro on medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring ever 2 minutes, until all of the liquid has been absorbed in the farro.
- While the farro is cooking heat a medium saute pan to medium heat, once the pan is warm add the butter and stir it around until the pan is covered in the butter. Then add the dice garlic to the pan, cook for 2-3 minutes stirring often.
- After you have cooked the garlic for a few minutes add your spinach and season with black pepper. Cook you spinach for approximately 3-5 minutes string often. Cook the spinach until it has wilted. Remove the spinach from the pan and set to the side to top the farro once completed.
- Now in the same pan we cooked the spinach in, you will cook the eggs. Turn the heat down to medium low, and spray with not stick spray. We are going to be using mostly just the yolk of the eggs. Crack your eggs over your sink and gently drain out the egg white, try not to break the yolk. Drain out as much as possible, some will remain but that is fine. Once you have drained the egg whites we will be ready to cook the egg yolk.
- Gently pour the egg yolks onto your saute pan. Cook the yolk on one side for about 3 minutes, just enough to gently cook the egg yolk but still leave it runny. Then remove the egg from the pan and set to the side.
- The farro should be done. Remove the farro from the stove and spoon it into your serving bowls.
- Top the farro with your wilted spinach, sliced avocado, sliced jalapeno, and egg.
- Garnish with your micro greens and sprinkle your sesame seed over your wilted spinach.
- Enjoy by breaking the egg yolk and stirring everything together!
Kcals: 326 / 11.8g P / 37.7g C / 14.1g F