Elbow Plank, just your basic plank but far form basic. This exercise works your entire body with a heavy focus on your core. The muscles that the Elbow Plank strengthens are: your spin, traps, abdominal muscles, legs, shoulders, pelvic girdle, and improves your overall posture.
Elbow Plank Modifications
Based on your Fitness Level
- Beginner: On your knees
- Intermediate: On your elbows
- Expert: On your elbows with a fitness band around your lower thighs.
Step-By-Step Instructions to Complete an Elbow Plank:
- Assume the pushup position but bend your arms at your elbows so your weight rests on your forearms.
- Tighten your abs, clench your glutes and keep your body straight from your head to your heels. Be sure your butt is not raised in the air.
Hold the Elbow Plank for time.
Over my years of testing and research I have come to understand that the majority of
Real Women, Busy Women
(myself included) are looking for a few things when it comes to weight loss and nutrition, we want it to be:
Easy to Understand
Simple & Laid Out For Us
LOOKING FOR MORE Core EXERCISES LIKE THE Elbow Plank? CHECK OUT A FEW OF MY FAVORITES!
HAVE YOU TRIED HEALTHY FREEZER FRIENDLY RECIPES? THEY MAKE LIFE SO MUCH EASIER WHEN THERE IS JUST TOO MUCH GOING ON!
- Cast Iron Focaccia Bread
- Chicken & Chickpea Soup
- Creamy Pasta with Chicken and Peas
- Keto Mexican Taco Skillet
- White Chicken Chili
- Turkey and Kale Stuffed Peppers
- Chicken & Black Bean Soup
- Easy Sloppy Joes