Sometimes you just need a snack! Recently I got a new air fryer and I have always wanted to try my hand at making blistered shishito peppers at home, and I have to tell you this might be one of the easiest recipes I have ever made! When you are thinking about your meal plan this week and thinking about your snack remember to add my easy blistered shishito peppers to your list!
- Pre-heat oven or air fryer to 400°. (I prefer an air fryer, if you have one. However, either will work)
- While waiting for the oven or fryer to heat, line a baking sheet with tin foil. Then arrange your peppers on the pan in one layer.
- Using the extra virgin olive oil spray, lightly spray each of your peppers.(If you do not have the spray, you could put all the peppers in a bowl, pour a tiny bit of oil in the bowl and toss the peppers, however I find you use much less oil with the spray.)
- Once pre-heated place your peppers in the oven. Cook at 400° for 10 minutes. Until the skin on the peppers begin to blister. The blisters may look white, but within second of pulling the peppers from the oven they will deflat and no longer look white.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and serve warm.
- Are you trying to get better at meal planning?
- Do you find yourself eating the same recipes every few weeks?
If you are bored of eating the same recipes every week, then you have come to the right place. Every week I put out 5 new recipes, typically three main entries, one snack, and one breakfast. Guaranteeing that you will never get bored with your food again! Try this weeks snack: these easy blistered shishito peppers. These peppers will tickle your taste buds. Perfect as a snack or appetizer!
NOTES FOR MEAL PLANNING:
Meal planning doesn’t have to be hard or take a lot of time. In fact, meal planning can be fun when you are provided with easy new recipes each week. Meal Planning can also help save money, prevent food waste, and save you time.
The best thing about these easy blistered shishito peppers…they takes less then 15 minutes to toss together!
NOTES FOR MEAL PREP:
Typically my recipes are recipes that can be meal prepped and/or are great re-heated. However, these easy blistered shishito peppers are different from my typical recipe. I love to cook and that means cooking all types of food, and sometimes that means cooking recipes that are not meal prep-able, or good the next day. This is one of those recipes.
Not that this dish is not AMAZING, because I am telling you, it is! Although, this recipe really does need to be eaten shortly after being prepared, or the peppers will get mushy and soggy.
NOTES FOR COUNTING MACROS:
Additionally, I normally give tips on how you can adjust the recipe to fit your macro goals. However, there are only three ingredients to this recipe and two of those ingredients are very little amounts. So just enjoy these flavor packed easy blistered shishito peppers as they are. And eat as many as your macros will allow!
Looking for another easy snack?
Check out my: Vanilla and Cinnamon Protein Balls