Dumbbell Swings similar to kettlebell swings. They both target your glutes, thighs, and core muscles, improving lower body strength and stability.
Dumbbell Swings Modifications
Based on your Fitness Level
- Beginner, Intermediate, & Expert: All levels will want to use a dumbbell or kettlebell. For each fitness level you will want to pick a weight that is challenging but allows you to finish each set.
Step-By-Step Instructions to Complete Dumbbell Swings
- Begin by standing tall with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Grab a dumbbell or kettlebell with both hands.
- Without rounding your lower back, bend your knees slightly, push your hips back, and swing the weight between your legs.
- Begin by pushing the weight backwards
- Then thrusting your hips forward using the momentum from the thrust to swing the weight up in front of your body, about chest high.
- Allow the dumbbell to swing back down between your legs.
That is one Dumbbell Swing. Complete the number of recommended reps.
Over my years of testing and research I have come to understand that the majority of
Real Women, Busy Women
(myself included) are looking for a few things when it comes to weight loss and nutrition, we want it to be:
Easy to Understand
Simple & Laid Out For Us
LOOKING FOR MORE TOTAL BODY EXERCISES LIKE THESE Dumbbell Swings? CHECK OUT A FEW OF MY FAVORITES!
HAVE YOU TRIED HEALTHY FREEZER FRIENDLY RECIPES? THEY MAKE LIFE SO MUCH EASIER WHEN THERE IS JUST TOO MUCH GOING ON!
- Cast Iron Focaccia Bread
- Chicken & Chickpea Soup
- Creamy Pasta with Chicken and Peas
- Keto Mexican Taco Skillet
- White Chicken Chili
- Turkey and Kale Stuffed Peppers
- Chicken & Black Bean Soup
- Easy Sloppy Joes