- 18.5 oz Chicken Breast (2 large breasts)
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 140 g English Cucumber, sliced (1 cucumber)
- 20 g Shallot, diced (1 small shallot)
- 30 g Jalapeno, diced (1 Jalapeno)
- 80 g Avocado, cubed (1/2 an avocado)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Heat stove top pan to medium heat, while the pan is heating season the chicken breast on both sides, with black pepper and garlic powder. Once the pan is hot, add 1 tbsp the avocado oil to the pan.
- Place the chicken immediately in the pan, leave it there on medium heat for 2 minutes, then flip to the other side and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Both sides should start to become golden brown, but the center will still look uncooked…If not, give each side another minute…your pan wasn’t hot enough. Then turn the heat to low and cover the chicken with a lid. Let it cook for about 8 minutes, then flip and cover again for another 8 minutes on the other side.
- After 8 minutes on each side covered, the chicken should be done. But this does depend on the size of the chicken breast…these times are based on a 8 – 9 oz breast. It is always best to check the internal temperature of chicken before serving. This method typically takes 1 minute per oz, per side.
- While the chicken is cooking prep your ingredients: slicing your cucumber, dicing your shallot and jalapeno, roughly chopping the cilantro, and cutting your avocado into cubes. Place all of these ingredients into a large bowl.
- Season the bowl of ingredients with the juice from 1 entire lemon and salt. The lemon not only adds flavor but also helps to prevent the avocado from turning brown.
- Once the chicken is finished remove from heat and place on your cutting board. Using a knife and fork shred the chicken into bite size pieces. Once you have shredded both chicken breasts, add the chicken to the large bowl of cucumbers.
- Toss everything together and enjoy.
Kcals: 210 / 30.1g P / 5.4g C / 9.8g F
Tips: This is a great meal prep dish, perfect for a picnic or your on the go lunches as it does not need to be heated up. Cucumber chicken salad will keep for about 5 days in the fridge.