- 20 oz Chicken Breast (2 large breasts)
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup Water
- 200 g Broccoli, cut into bite size pieces (about 1 1/2 cup)
- 140 g Carrots, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 180 g Red Onion (1 small red onion)
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flake
- Heat a deep stove top with pan with lid to medium heat, while the pan is heating season the chicken breast on both sides, with black pepper and garlic powder. Once the pan is hot, add 1 tbsp the oil to the pan.
- Place the chicken immediately in the pan, leave it there on medium heat for 2 minutes, then flip to the other side and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Both sides should start to become golden brown, but the center will still look uncooked…If not golden, give each side another minute…your pan wasn’t hot enough. Then turn the heat to low and cover the chicken with a lid. Let it cook for about 10 minutes, then flip and cover again for another 10 minutes on the other side. This is based on 2, 10 oz breasts, if using another size breast, cook 1 minute per oz per side covered.
- After 10 minutes on each side covered, the chicken should be done. But this does depend on the size of the chicken breast…again these times are based on a 10 oz breast. It is always best to check the internal temperature of chicken before serving.
- Once the chicken is done remove the chicken from the pan, saving the juices from the chicken in the pan. Allow the chicken to rest while you cook the potatoes. You can also wrap the chicken in tin foil to keep it warm while it’s resting and the potatoes are cooking.
- Turn the heat up on the pan to medium, add your onions to the pan, and cook for 1 minute, just enough for the onions to absorb a little bit of the juice.
- Then add 1/4 cup water to the pan, stirring to incorporate all of the chicken juices left in the pan for additional flavor. Bring the liquid to a simmer.
- Once simmering add the chopped carrots and cut broccoli. Toss together and then cover with a lid. Cook the carrot, broccoli and onion mixture covered for 7 minutes, removing the lid half way through to stir, returning the lid for the remainder of the time.
- After 7 minutes broccoli and carrots will be done, they may be stuck to the bottom of the pan, but that is ok, the golden brown color adds additional flavor.
- To serve, slice you chicken and toss with your cooked veggies, and sprinkle a little red pepper flake for an extra kick.
Kcals: 303 / 44.9g P / 16.1g C / 10g F