Servings: 2, 3 Tacos each
- 6 Small Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 cup canned Refried Black Beans
- 6 Large Eggs
- Dash of Black Pepper
- 60 g Avocado, sliced (half an avocado)
- 30 g Red Onion, sliced thin (1/4 small red onion)
- 30 g Watermelon Radish, sliced into match sticks (1/4 cup)
- 40 g Jalapeno, sliced (1 pepper)
- 10 g Cotija Cheese, Mexican cheese
- 3 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Lime
- Heat a small sauce pan with lid to low heat, add refried beans to the pot and cover with the lid. Cook for about 10 minutes stirring every 2 minutes to prevent burning.
- While the beans are cooking, heat a large saute pan to medium heat. Toast your flour tortillas in the pan, just enough to get some golden brown cooking marks. This will only take 1 minute per side and you should be able to fit 2-3 tortillas in the pan at a time, it is ok if they overlap a little.
- Once you have toasted the tortillas, place them in between a folded napkin, the napkin will help to keep them warm while you cook you eggs.
- Now its time to cook your eggs…but don’t forget about your beans, keep stirring them! Heat the same large saute pan to medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Crack as many eggs as you can fit in the pan without them running into each other and becoming one large egg. I can fit 3 in my pan.
- Cook you eggs on the first side from about 3 minutes, until the white is almost cooked and no longer runny. Season the yolks with a dash of black pepper. Then flip you eggs to the other side and cook for another minute. This will leave you with a yolk that is still a little runny, I love a runny egg in my tacos. But if you prefer a harder egg, cook for an additional minute or two until you have the doneness you prefer.
- Remove your first batch of eggs and set aside while you cook the remaining eggs following the same steps. You will want to re-spray your pan with cooking spray between each batch of eggs.
- Once your eggs are done you can begin assembling your tacos!
- Start with spreading 1-2 tbsp of refried black beans into each tortilla, then place 1 egg on top of beans in each taco. Top the egg with your sliced avocado, red onion, and watermelon radish. Garnish with a sprinkle of cotija cheese and cilantro, then a squeeze of lime juice.
Kcals: 588 / 30.5g P / 64.5g C / 22.9g F