- 6 oz Organic Chicken Breast
- 56 g Organic Red Lentil Penne Pasta
- 75 g Asparagus, cut into thirds
- 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Pesto Alla Genovese, or any other jar based pesto sauce
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Dash of Red Pepper Flake
- Dash of Salt
- Heat stove top pan to medium heat, while the pan is heating season the chicken breast on both sides. Season with garlic powder, black pepper, and cayenne. Once the pan is hot, add the extra virgin olive oil to the pan.
- Place the chicken immediately in the pan, leave it there on medium heat for 2 minutes, then flip to the other side and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Both sides should start to become golden brown, but the center will still look uncooked…If not, give each side another minute…your pan wasn’t hot enough. Then turn the heat to low and cover the chicken with a lid. Let it cook for about 5-6 minutes, then flip and cover again for another 5-6 minutes on the other side.
- After 5-6 minutes on each side covered, the chicken should be done. But this does depend on the size of the chicken breast…these times are based on a 6-6.5 oz breast. It is always best to check the internal temperature of chicken before serving.
- While chicken is cooking bring 2-3 cups of water to boil and add the pasta. Season the water with a dash of salt, then allow the pasta to cook at a rolling boil for 8 minutes. Then remove the pasta from the heat, drain and reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- While the pasta and chicken are cooking, fill a large saute pan with a 1/4 – 1/2 inch water and bring to a boil. Once boiling place the asparagus into the water. Cook boiling for 2-3 minutes just to get the asparagus a little tender, but not wilted. Drain and run asparagus under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, leaving the juices in the pan. Cut the chicken into bits size pieces then place back in the pan.
- Add the pasta, pasta water, and asparagus to the pan with the chicken and toss with the pesto sauce and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Sprinkle the red pepper flake on top and if you have fresh basil, top with a sprig of basil.
Kcals 497g 543g P / 445g C / 12.7g F