Chicken with Jalapeño Cream Cheese Wraps
Are you looking for a recipe for your next lunch meal prep? If so, you are going to love these chicken with jalapeño cream cheese wraps. Fantastic both cold or reheated. Therefore, no matter your lunch situation, you are going to have a delicious meal.
- ½ tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 150 g Red Bell Pepper, diced, (about 1 pepper)
- 75 g Jalapeno Pepper, diced, (about 1 large pepper)
- 20 g Garlic Clove, diced, (about 3 cloves)
- 14 oz White Meat Chicken Breast , canned works great, or cook fresh chicken breasts
- 150 g Whole Kernel Sweet Corn, (about 1 small can)
- 300 g Black Beans, low sodium, (about ¾ can)
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 170 g Cream Cheese, lite, (about ½ cup)
- 20 g Scallions, diced, (about 4 stalks)
- 2 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- 6 wraps Kaliwonder Slim Wrap
- For this recipe I used canned white meat chicken breast, but you can use fresh chicken breast following my juicy chicken recipe to cook the chicken. Once the chicken is cooked, shred the chicken and set aside and follow the steps below.
- Heat a large saute pan to medium heat. Add the oil to the pan, then add the diced peppers. Cook the peppers for about 3-5 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Then add the garlic to the pan, cook the garlic with the peppers stirring every 30 seconds for about 2 minutes.
- Now add the chicken, corn and black beans to the pan. Stir everything together until well combined.
- Season the mixture with the paprika and black pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the juice from one lime and the cream cheese to the pan. Stir together and cook until the cheese is melted and warm. This will take about 1-2 minutes.
- Then add the diced scallons and chopped cilantro to the pan. Stir everything together and cook for 1 more minute.
- Finally assemple the wraps: Lay out each wrap, portion out the mixture evenly into them. Fold the sides over, then roll the wraps.
Do you count your macros or calories? Check out my notes on how you can incorporate these chicken with jalapeño cream cheese wraps into your meal plan this week. In addition, easily adjust protein, carbs, and fats to meet your macro requirements.
Notes for Meal Prep:
This is a wonderful recipe for meal prepping. You can store these wraps in the fridge for up to 7 days. Then when it is time to eat, you can either have them cold right out of the fridge, or you can enjoy them re-heated. To reheat, wrap in a paper towel and microwave for 30-45 seconds.
NOTES FOR COUNTING MACROS:
The main source of protein in this recipe is the chicken. Therefore, making this recipe super easy to increase or decrease the amount of protein per serving.
- Every 1 ounce of chicken has 8 grams of protein.
The carbohydrate in this recipe comes from a few different items: The wraps, the corn, the black beans, and the peppers.
- The wrap that I used is one of my favorites, Kaliwonder slim wraps. I chose this wrap because it only has 7 net carbs. However, changing out the wrap is the easiest way to increase the carbs in the recipe. You can find wraps with as many as 35 grams per wrap.
- If you are looking to decrease the carbs in this recipe the easiest way would be to reduce the amount of corn or beans in the recipe. For every 100 grams of beans there is 19 grams of carbs. For every 50 grams of corn there is 8 grams of carbs.
The majority of fat in this recipe comes from the cream cheese.
You can choose to increase the fat in these chicken with jalapeño cream cheese warps by increase the amount of light cream cheese used. Likewise, you can choose to switch out the light cream cheese for a full fat cream cheese.
- Switching to a full fat cream cheese (using the same portion size) will increase the fat in this recipe by 15 grams, or 3 grams per serving.
- You can choose to add up to 250 grams of cream cheese to this recipe and it will still taste delicious. Using 250 grams of light cream cheese will increase the fat in the recipe by 13 grams. Using the full fat cream cheese will increase the fat in the recipe by 35 grams.
When making adjustments to the macros in this recipe, you will want to keep in mind the number of servings you are making.
If you love wraps you will love this Cauliflower Egg Salad. Perfect on its own, on a slice of bread or in a wrap!