Chicken Sausage Egg Bites
We have heard forever that breakfast is the most important meal of the day…so don’t skip it! Prep these delicious Chicken Sausage Egg Bites and have them ready to go in under 30 second any day! A great dish for meal prepping.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Prep muffin tin by coating with a layer of non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl combine diced chicken sausage, diced jalapenos, black pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Stir until seasoning is evenly distributed.
- Then add the liquid egg white and crack the full egg into the bowl. Whisk everything together for 30 seconds to 1 minute. This adds air into the eggs helping them to be fluffy once cooked.
- Next pour or scoop sausage egg mixture into the muffin tins, filling ¾ of the way full. Then top each egg bite with one slice of jalapeno.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. You will see the egg muffins puff up really high like a souffle, they will shrink down almost immediately upon removing from the oven.
- Serve and enjoy. Or allow to cool completely, then portion out for the weeks breakfast.
Are you meal prepping? Do you count your macros or calories? Check out my notes below on how you can incorporate these chicken sausage egg bites into your meal prep.
Notes for Meal Prep:
This is a wonderful recipe for meal prepping.
You can store each serving in the fridge for up to 1 week and eat it as it fits your meal plan. Pop them in the microwave for 15-30 seconds to warm them up.
Or you can freeze them in freezer safe zip lock bags, remove all of the air and store for up to two months. Re-heating after being frozen: You can go straight from the freezer to the microwave, cook them for 30-45 seconds.
Notes for Counting Macros:
Typically I give tips on how you can adjust my recipes to meet your macro requirements. But with these little protein packed chicken sausage egg bites I am not going to make that recommendation. Protein can be one of the hardest macros to reach in our daily intake and these little egg bites are delicious just as they are!
Although, what I will recommend is increasing the number of servings you eat. Use these as a way to hit your protein goals for the day. With 10.6 grams of protein per muffin/bite, I am positive you can afford to eat a few of them. Even if you decided to eat 4 of them, you would barley be making a dent in your carb and fat macro for the day.
I hope you work these Chicken Sausage Egg Bites into your meal prep, as well as your macros and give them a try!
When making adjustments to the macros you will want to keep in mind the number of servings you are making.
Looking for another meal prep egg breakfast dish? Check out my:
Would you like to learn more about counting macros? Click here
Do you need new meal prep containers? Check out a few of my favorites: