Mushroom Avocado Toast
If you are addicted to avocado toast you are going to love this Mushroom Avocado Toast. Takes less than 15 minutes to make and completely satisfied your hunger, keeping you full for hours with the healthy fats and carbs.
- Heat a large saute pan to medium heat, once hot add the oil to the pan. Then add the sliced mushrooms to the pan. Toss the mushrooms in the oil, then season with pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flake. Cook for 5-7 minutes. tossing every 2 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking put the toast in the toaster. Toast until golden brown.
- Cut your avocado in half, scoop the avocado out and place into a small bowl. Using a fork smash the avocado until you have a consistency you like. I enjoy my smashed avocado a little chunky. Then spread the smashed avocado onto the toast.
- Once your mushrooms are cooked, arrange them on top of your avocado toast.
- Finish with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
NOTES FOR MEAL PREP:
I wish there was a good way to meal prep this mushroom avocado toast. Unfortunately you really want to enjoy this recipe with warm mushrooms on top of cool, freshly smashed avocado, and warm freshly toasted bread.
NOTES FOR COUNTING MACROS:
Protein is one macro this dish is lacking. But it is a fantastic, healthy fat and carb snack. You will feel full and energized for hours.
- If you want to add a protein you could add unflavored protein powder to your smashed avocado. I would recommend not adding more than 2-3 tablespoons or you will loose the creamy consistency of the avocado. Depending on your protein powder, you could increase the protein by 5 – 8 grams per tablespoon.
- The carbohydrate can also be adjusted by the kind of bread that you choose to use. I use a thin slice bread which only has 13 grams of crabs per slice. Switching to a regular or thicker slice of bread you could see as much as 20 – 40 grams of carbs per slice.
- There is a significant amount of fat in this recipe, as it does use an entire small avocado. You could decrease the fat macro by using only half an avocado. For every 35 grams (about 1/4 avocado) you increase or decrease the fats by 7.3 grams.
- You could also choose to make half the recipe, only making one slice of mushroom avocado toast instead of two.
When making adjustments to the macros you will want to keep in mind the number of servings you are making.
If your looking for another Avocado Toast recipe, you should try my: