Chocolate Chia Seed Raspberry Yogurt
Do you love chocolate and looking for a healthy snack? Then this Chocolate Chia Seed Raspberry Yogurt is going to hit the spot. A great dish for meal prepping. Also, easy to adjust protein, carbs, and fats to meet your macro requirements.
- This recipe calls for sprouted Chocolate Chia Seeds. To do this you will need to let the seeds sit overnight, or at least for 3 hours in the fridge.
- Sprouting your chia seeds: Combine chia seeds, milk, cocoa powder, yogurt, and syrup in a large bowl. Stir everything until well incorporated. Then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for three house, or over night.
- After your chia seeds have rested in the fridge and fully expanded, divide your chocolate chia seed yogurt into 4 portions. Place into serving bowls or into containers with lids.
- Top each serving with 5 raspberries and enjoy. Or place the lid on your containers and store in the fridge.
Are you meal prepping? Do you count your macros or calories? Check out my notes below on how you can incorporate this Chocolate Chia Seed Raspberry Yogurt into your meal prep. Also easily adjust protein, carbs, and fats to meet your macro requirements.
Notes for Meal Prep:
This is a wonderful recipe for meal prepping. You can store the individual servings in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Notes for Counting Macros:
- The protein can be adjusted based on the amount of yogurt used. With each ounce of yogurt you can increase the protein by 3 grams. With this Chocolate Chia Seed Raspberry Yogurt you can increase the amount of yogurt by by 4 ounces, without changing the texture or flavor too much.
- The carbohydrate can be adjusted based on the amount of chia seeds you use. Every tablespoon of chia seeds contains 4 grams of carbs. You can increase or decrease the amount of chia seeds by 3 tablespoons, without changing the texture or flavor too much. It is important to know that in changing the amount of chia seeds you will not only be increasing or decreasing the amount of carbs. But also the amount of fat by the same number of grams. Each tablespoon of chia seeds contains 4 grams of fat.
- The fats in this chocolate chia seed raspberry yogurt can be increased by choosing another yogurt, one that is not fat free. For example, a 2% fat greek yogurt has 2 grams of fat per every 4 ounces. A 5% fat greek yogurt has 5 grams of fat per every 4 ounces. Which allows you to replace the non-fat greek yogurt with as little or as much fat as you want.
- As stated above, you can also increase or decrease the fats by changing the amount of chia seeds used. For every tablespoon of chia seeds there is 4 grams of fat.
When making adjustments to the macros you will want to keep in mind the number of servings you are making.
If your looking for another chocolate raspberry treat, you should check out my: