Trail Mix Bars
- 130 g Raw Cashews (about 1 cup)
- 70 g Raw Almonds (about 1/2 cup)
- 60 g Raw Sliced Almonds (about 1/2 cup)
- 45 g Sunflower Seeds (about 1/4 cup)
- 130g Dried Cherries (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 c Sugar Free Syrup
- Pre-Heat oven to 325 degrees
- Line a 10-inch square baking dish with parchment paper
- Cashews are a little large and strange shaped so you’ll have to break them up a little in order for the bars to hold their shape. To do this, spread your cashews out on a napkin, then using the flat bottom of a bowl or pan, smash the cashews. There is not a science to this, but you want them broken down to about 1/4 of their full size.
- In a large bowl combine you broken cashews, whole almonds, almond slices, sunflower seeds, dried cherries, and syrup. Stir together until well combined and syrup coating all the nuts and seeds.
- Then pour your mixture into the parchment paper lined baking dish. Using a heavy spatula press the mixture into the pan. You want a nice even layer and you want to make sure there are no large gaps in your mixture. The tighter the mixture the better your bars will hold together.
- Bake in the oven for 35 – 40 minutes. You want to make sure that they are baked thoroughly, or they will not hold together.
- Once cooked remove from the oven and allow them to cool for a least 1 hour. Once fully cooled you can grab the sides of the parchment paper to lift the mixture out of the pan and place on a cutting board.
- Cut into 12 servings and enjoy.
Tip: Store in air tight container and these will last in your pantry for about 10 days and up to 1 month in your fridge. Putting them in the fridge does change the texture a little though.
Kcals: 164g / 4.9g P / 14.4g C / 10.6g F