Chocolate and Mango Chia Seed Parfait
- 32 g Chia Seeds (3 tbsp)
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1.5 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Syrup, zero sugar
- 170 g Mango, chopped (1 mango)
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 4 oz Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (1/2 Cup)
- 30 g Honey Almond Flax Granola (about 1/2 cup)
Directions: This recipe calls for sprouted Chocolate Chia Seeds, to do this you will need to let the seeds sit overnight, or at least a few hours.
- Sprouting your chia seeds: Place 3 tbsp seeds into a small container and add milk, cocoa powder, and syrup to the container. Stir everything until well incorporated. Then cover the container with a lid, foil, or plastic wrap and place the container in the fridge over night. The seeds will expand and soaking up the other ingredients and now you will have chocolate chia seed pudding.
- Chop your mango and place in a blender with juice from half a lemon. Blend for about 30 seconds until your mango has turned into a puree.
- Now it is time to assemble your parfait: Layering yogurt, then pudding, then mango puree. You have to layer in this order based on the consistency of each ingredient, otherwise everything will end up mixing together and you wont have the layered look.
- Top with your granola, and if you would like a little sprinkle of cocoa powder.
Kcals: 297 / 15.9g P / 37.1g C / 11.9g F